Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 12, 2004, 2:56 PM   #1

Does anyone know when the ML-L3 remote control will be available again from Nikon?

Does anyone know any reputable stores or e-tailers that have them in stock?

Thank you

PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2004, 8:31 PM   #2

geez ... I don't know why Nikon has such a hard time keeping this in stock. When I bought my remote, supply was very limited, but I was lucky and found a vendor with one in stock. I think I bought it at B&H.

I did some searching for you and it seems everyone has it back ordered currently. I'd go ahead and get on someone's waiting list and if someone is able to find you a place or you find a place, you can always cancel your backorder.

I've been using mine lately and they are handy to have ....

Good luck finding one.
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:48 AM   #3

If you don't mind paying a bit of a premium, there are quite a few dealers out of Hong Kong selling them on Ebay. I've ordered from a few places over there with good luck, shipping is suprisingly quick too. (just stick to sellers with real good feedback ratings). Going rate with shipping is about $40 though.
bigconig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 5:33 PM   #4

bigconig wrote:
Quote:
If you don't mind paying a bit of a premium, there are quite a few dealers out of Hong Kong selling them on Ebay. I've ordered from a few places over there with good luck, shipping is suprisingly quick too. (just stick to sellers with real good feedback ratings). Going rate with shipping is about $40 though.

Yeah, a guy I contacted wanted a minimum of $40 plus $11 for shipping. I think I just wait until it comes off of backorder!
Old Sep 14, 2004, 8:20 PM   #5

Canadian company

www.henrys.com

They are pretty good to deal with

good luck
colasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:40 AM   #6

colasteve wrote:
Quote:
Canadian company

http://www.henrys.com

They are pretty good to deal with

good luck

Yes, I am aware of Henry's reputation. I ordered one right away after seeing your post.

I find it odd that here in the US no one has them, but our neighbors to the north have them in stock! Thanks for the help!

Old Sep 20, 2004, 6:01 PM   #7

Ordered on Wednesday and got it today! That's good for shipping from Canada to the US! I think that's even better than US shipping to US!

I talked to someone at my local shop (where I got the D70) this morning and he said they got about 20 of them in, but they ordered 200. So, it looks like Nikon is slowly filling the orders.

Old Oct 9, 2004, 5:27 PM   #8

Instead of a ML-L3, how about an RCA Universal Remote RCU403 for $4.99?

I bought one from Fry's Electronics and experimented with it until I had it working with my D70.

The RCA remote had to be set to VCR/DVD before the automatic code search would find the correct signal. Now the RCA remote activates the camera shutter using the remote Off/On button. The remote is larger than the ML-L3 (about the size of a cell phone), but I think it should work just fine. I have read on other web sites of other brands of universal remote controls being used.
Fujolykon is offline   Reply With Quote