Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 7, 2002, 8:55 AM   #1

Default d1x ram upgrade

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0210/02...ramupgrade.asp

nikon is expecting us to pay for this upgrade? first is was the nikon capture which should come with a thousand dollars camera anyways and now this? maybe nikon should make the camera as a kit and we can put it together ourselves for nikon to really make money right?...hmmmm.....wow!
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2002, 9:15 AM   #2

then don't get it. its not a required item. this is a camera upgrade not a fix for a problem. do you need this extended buffer?
if and when i purchase a DCS14n from kodak i will have the option of upgrading my buffer also. do i need it? i don't know
the operative word here is: optional

[Edited on 10-7-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2002, 9:58 PM   #3

thats not what i'm trying to say sir..i just kinda little mad since i paid thousands of dollars for my body and still deal with little problems like dust and no new camera out there that deals with this prob yet...its not a big thing but its in people's mind i'm sure...
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2002, 11:09 PM   #4

in the mind of most working photographers is probably
1- will this help my shooting?
2- is it worth the capital investment. (tax write off?)
with the H mod it could have its advantages. for you it may not. how many times have you it the wall on the buffer?

the glove has been thrown down by kodak they have to do something. it surprised me that no full frame product was announced at PK. i didn't even look at canon. that price was totally out ther for the product. i think they thought there was to be no competition so they could command whatever they wished. the kodak sucker punch is causing a reevaluation i think. you may see that little guy in the walmart add cutting prices on a canon product soon.

[Edited on 10-8-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2002, 9:02 AM   #5
NHL

Default Beside the Kodak DCS14n also has it's memories on removeable

http://www.guymichel.com/KodakPro.html

Quote:
Astuce : la mémoire sur barrette de type ordinateur portable est amovible (le buffer pourra donc être upgradé)
"Translation" Trick: The memories on sims are of the removeable type found on PC (ie the buffer could be upgraded)

[Edited on 10-8-2002 by NHL]

I hope they are miniaturized:P:P:P

[Edited on 10-8-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote