Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:41 PM   #1

i was comparing d70 pics with digital rebel and rebel still the good so i am still confused wich is better i cant trust my eyes coz i believe in nikon

any one can help pls

thanx
nikBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:33 PM   #2

Independent tests show the Rebel makes better pictures. I suppose it's a combination of superior software and the excellent Canon lenses. But, the Nikon does offer more controls.
Jon_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:58 PM   #3

thanx Jon_Doe
nikBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 10:34 PM   #4

Jon_Doe wrote:
Quote:
Independent tests show the Rebel makes better pictures. I suppose it's a combination of superior software and the excellent Canon lenses. But, the Nikon does offer more controls.
Got a link to these "independent tests" you mentioned? From the many review sources I've read, it seems to be pretty line ball. Which has better pic quality/lower noise, etc. are interchangeable depending on which review source one chooses to believe.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 8:51 PM   #5

Sure. Take a look at the pics here at Steves-digicams.com and over at dcresource.com. Be sure and blow them up to their fullest sizes. Notice the noise in the sky on the D70, which is noticeable, compared to the Rebel, which has none. Now compare the pics to a proconsumer camer like the Panasonic FZ 20, which I have. The D70 pics look like those taken from a proconsumer camera rather than from a DSLR. The D70 does have more controls than the Rebel, but I prefer image quality and between the two I would go for the Rebel. Or given the small cost difference between the D70 and a Canon D20 I would spend the few extra bucks and go for it. More mp and controls.
Jon_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 7:51 PM   #6

Uhh , Small cost difference you say? D70-------$999.00

20D--------$1,499.00

Thats 50% more in my book.

John
uccmmcpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:13 AM   #7

In my search for a good D-SLR, I did not find any noise with the Nikon vs. the Canon. In fact the Canon had purple fringing in some of the pictures where the Nikon didn't.

For what I found the D70 produced superior pictures then the 10D. (nobody had the 20D to compare againast so I cannot comment on its image quality.).

FWIW, I found the D70 to be an awesome camera.

Mike
maflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 6:55 PM   #8

I have no problems with the D70 ......heres a very simple shot taken handheld 1/250 F8 200ASA ....50mm f1.8 lens ....NO photoshop enhancement RAW straight out of the camera with all contols OFF! ... This simple sharp lens produces nice results ...and color to my eyes was just as it was on the day !

Cheers.
Attached Images

Tobias1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:33 PM   #9

One thing worth to praise about Canon with the 300D is that it settled a beachhead for the entry-level Dslr's, thus making it easier for Nikon to come up with the D70 which is superior to the D300 in all aspects.

I guess the next moves will be a response from Canon to the D70 and Nikon to the 20D and so on for ever.
El_Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote