Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 30, 2004, 4:23 AM   #1
ckc

i am very new to the dslr world, now stilllearning, so pls excuse if i ask any stupic question here..:-)

recently whenever i shot a photo with my d70, the lcd will show the picture with the exif data on top of the picture, how do i clear it? (i dont even know how come it suddenly appear on all the picture, originally dont have)

also, i want myphoto to have the date and timetakenimprint on the photo, how do i do that? bcos when i download in the pc, it doesnt show in the photo but the data is showing in the Picture Project.

Thanks in advance
ckc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2004, 9:24 AM   #2
Administrator

ckc wrote:
Quote:
recently whenever i shot a photo with my d70, the lcd will show the picture with the exif data on top of the picture, how do i clear it? (i dont even know how come it suddenly appear on all the picture, originally dont have)
If you check your manual or read the review here, you'll see that using the 4 way controller allows you to bring up more or less information about your photos. See the Playback Menu Options on this page:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...n_d70_pg5.html

Quote:
also, i want myphoto to have the date and timetakenimprint on the photo, how do i do that? bcos when i download in the pc, it doesnt show in the photo but the data is showing in the Picture Project.
Information about camera settings used (including the date and time a photo was taken) is included in the EXIF (a header in each image file). This information is viewable by many image editing packages.

Some software can actually use it for printing purposes, too (without the need to modify the image itself by imprinting the information on it). For example, QImage Pro can use it to print the date on a photo, and the software Canon includes with some of their printers can also print the date on a photo. I suspect that many other software packages can, too. Here is a link to QImage Pro:

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

If you want to imprint the information on the image itself, you can use some software packages to do that also. An example is EXIFER. Using it's Watermark feature, you can imprint any information from the EXIF on a photo (including the date).You can also imprint any other text desired. Here is a link to it (it's free):

http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

If you choose to actually imprint this information on your images, I'd strongly suggest working on copies only. That way, if you make a mistake (or decide that the date stamp is unsightly for some purposes), you've still got your originals. I'd recommend doing the same thing for any other editing you do, too (never overwrite your original images, and work only on copies).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 8:56 PM   #3
ckc

thanks jim
ckc is offline   Reply With Quote