Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 17, 2004, 4:46 PM   #11

Onyx wrote:
Quote:
Win98 is a six year old operating system. It tends to be universally agreed that two years is a lifetime for computers. So you're running something that's three lifetimes in the past!

Microsoft themselves have long stopped supporting Win98 so you're only ever going to run into further problems in future. Time to seriously consider upgrading your computer methinks...
I think that you'll find that Win98se IS still supported by MS, after they announced last year their intention of stopping support there was a large protest from a number of private and corporate users so they backed off. I believe research showed that over 60% of PC users were running 98.

On my 98se system I can still use the Windows Update function and it often detects & installs any current security fixes.
I have no intention in paying Mr. Gates any more to upgrade to XP simply because in my experience Win98se works fine and is very stable and fast on my 4 year old system - AMD Athalon 1200 chip and 1 Gig of ram + a good video card.
deexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 5:30 PM   #12
TCB

Windows......no likey....Mac OS X is the way to go for me.

TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:24 AM   #13

Panzergnome wrote:
Quote:
Universally accepted? Wow.

IBM continues tosupport Windows 98 with purpose built drivers for their latest cutting edge T-42 laptop. Why? Because it works.

And my compliments to the D70! It took a brilliant photo of my fiancé, with a ten-year-old lens.:-)
I wonder how long that will last, considering IBM just sold 80% of their PC business to a Chinese company.
erichlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:01 AM   #14

A nice portable laptop running xp would be nice...is there any wireless connections available between camara and computer?
:|

sdmackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:17 AM   #15

Yah, the capitalist pukes will probably turn them into another Packard Bell! Er, what I mean is, …
Panzergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 9:41 AM   #16

sdmackie wrote:
Quote:
A nice portable laptop running xp would be nice...is there any wireless connections available between camara and computer?
:|
I don't think any camera at this time supports Bluetooth, which would be the optimal wireless connection. Laptops, cell phones and PDAs do.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote