Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:34 AM   #11

Wouldn't that would mean making the LCD a viewfinder also?>>>

Hey, I didn't say it would be easy to solve the problem!! Given a choice I'll take the reali finder over any LCD....but I can still as to have my cake and eat it too.

How about a bigger LCD while I'm griping?

Do I DARE ask for a movie mode....I mean, why not? How about a power zoom control? Ahhhhh!

Okay, I've gone too far.

RB
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:24 PM   #12

Capt RB wrote:
Quote:
Wouldn't that would mean making the LCD a viewfinder also?>>>

Hey, I didn't say it would be easy to solve the problem!! Given a choice I'll take the reali finder over any LCD....but I can still as to have my cake and eat it too.

How about a bigger LCD while I'm griping?

Do I DARE ask for a movie mode....I mean, why not? How about a power zoom control? Ahhhhh!

Okay, I've gone too far.

RB
It would be cool if it played MP3s too :G
bigconig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:36 PM   #13

It would be cool if it played MP3s too >>>

Now you're talking! There's plenty of room for a headphone jack on the D70.

Capt RB
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:26 PM   #14

As far as shooting overhead, just watch the end of a sporting event and read the papers the next day. Plenty of photogs get shots with their DSLRs overhead. I attended a race in 2002 at California Speedway as a spectator, and tried to get shots of the backstretch action (while sitting in turn 1 bleachers) by holding my N60 overhead. Kept doing the same shot, didn't know if I had the right angle or not. Of course, turns out I didn't. If I had a DSLR, I would have been able to fire a quick shot, review, then adjust if necessary to get the right angle. Sure a flipout LCD screen would make it easier, but with just a bit of practice you can do it without, and besides it just takes a couple of seconds to review and adjust.
murphyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 3:56 AM   #15

No one seems to have mentioned the bane of my life. Taking motor racing shots in the pits requires fast reactions, and time and again I find that the camera has bumped against my side and the control knob has turned from aperture or shutter priority to something else. In 10 years this never happened once on my F90X. It needs to be stiffer, and - no - it isn't just mine, I've tried others and they are the same.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:12 PM   #16

i really agreed with you Capt RB in amny things, and the other i really don't care about.

i agreed that:

* the size could be smaller (nikon can do it, the reason why they didn't do it is because of marketing issues. in the near future theywill come out with a smaller size, i'm sure aboutthat)

* it does not have aflip out LCD, is something they are not used tomake in SLRs (old fasioned minds..:P)

these to things, i agreed with you in it, others i don't care about it.

regards

a8j2..
a8j2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 4:21 AM   #17

Hi Capt

What do you mean by this?

Guess what…remember shutter/mirror slap? This baby has it in spades. Has yet to cause a problem, but I could live without it.

misina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 6:58 AM   #18

What do you mean by this?

Guess what…remember shutter/mirror slap? This baby has it in spades. Has yet to cause a problem, but I could live without it.>>>

I'm refering to the mechanical action of the D70 shutter which is certainly a surprise after years of choosing "shutter sound" from a menu on other digitals.

Capt RB
Old Dec 15, 2004, 8:53 AM   #19

cameranserai wrote:
Quote:
....time and again I find that the camera has bumped against my side and the control knob has turned from aperture or shutter priority to something else.
I find that happens to me sometimes too. Sometimes even pulling the camera out of my bag, it inadvertantly changes to M from my usual A mode, and I'm wondering what's going on with my exposures until I engage the old greymatter and figure it out.

Also the need to enter the menus to change auto focus modes from single shot to continuous is a hassle too. The D2H and other pro bodies have a physical switch on the body that does this, bypassing the need for lengthy button presses to nagivate menu options.

My other wish is for the delete confirm to be a different button. As it is, you press the delete button twice to get rid of an image. There's potential for accidently deleting an image if you bumped the delete button one too many times. If there was a separate button to confirm, eg. the Enter button, then there would be less potential for accidently deleting images.

The flip out LCD issue could also be partially solved by the DR-6 accessory right angle finder. With that attached, you're free to rotate the viewfinder up, down orsideways 90 degrees to aid in composing shots.

The size is just right for me. Any smaller and it won't fit my hands as snugly as it does. I'd prefer it to be a little heavier too - so switching between it and a D2H won't seem such a shock.

Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:37 AM   #20

NowI got it:
but I really love that mechanical noise, I feel like I'm using my old dynax5

by the way I really think that movie option is missing in this cam.

But Fuji S2 has it
misina is offline   Reply With Quote