Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:14 PM   #1

I seem to have a problem with the "feature" that allows for viewing images on a TV. I verified that I have my D70 set to NTSC & properly connected to the TV. The images, however, come out extremely pixilated. According to Nikon, this is because the images are 3008X2000 pixels and the TV can only display 320X240 and the camera doesn't handle and image resolution issues. When further questioned, the response was "The video out on the D70 is an added feature of the camera and is not it's primary function." While I certainly agree that this is a minor feature, it is often nice to share photos with family and friends immediately after taking, in the comfort of the living room rather than huddled around my considerably smaller monitor!

Can anyone tell me if they have successfully utilized this feature or was it simply a "checkbox" on a feature list that is expected for all consumer grade digital cameras these days?

(BTW - My husbands Sony Cybershot F717 displays its pics wonderfully on the TV!)

Thanks!

brittie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:34 PM   #2

Very good question. Probebly be fixed on the next camera that is suppose to replace the D70 in the Spring . . .yes . . I have heard that the D70 will be discontinued soon . . .not unlike computers now.

Always a new model coming out every 6 months.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:29 PM   #3

I have displayed the images from my camera on the tv for "the relatives" as well, and they looked fine (36" JVC) with no pixelation. It is normally not something i would use, but it sure beats a whole pile of people crowding around the small lcd screen.
Dezine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:02 AM   #4

Now my interest is peaked - I'll have to try it on my 43in Sony!

Where do you plug it in?
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:55 AM   #5

I have a 50+ inch Sony rear projection with a set of video inputs on the front....

It is truly embarrassing how poorly the images display (especially compared to my husband's camera!). I was hoping that there was some setting that I am missing on either the camera or the TV that would improve this. Otherwise, from my perspective this is a truly worthless feature!

brittie62 is offline   Reply With Quote