Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 1, 2005, 5:51 PM   #1
cbl

I'm new to close up work and have a question. I have a Nikon D70 and would like to connect it to a small TV to view my products. Can I leave the TV connected to the D70 while I'm taking pictures so I can view each shoot or do I have to disconnect the EG-D100 cable before each shoot?

Thanks in advance,

cbl

Happy New Years
cbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 5:48 PM   #2

Yeah you can leave it connected. After you have plugged it into the tv, the tv set acts EXACTLY as the lcd does in your camera, so operation is the same.
GenYuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:14 PM   #3
cbl

Thanks for your reply.

appreciate the help.

Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:07 AM   #4

You cannot see the shot 'live.' The sensor ONLY records the shot when the picture is snapped, before that your TV will be blank.

Why? The mirror blocks the sensor until the moment the picture is taken, then the mirror drops down and blocks the sensor again------------so you can look at finished(snapped) pictures only, and only after you place the camera in 'review mode'
ltccarndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:25 AM   #5
cbl

Thanks,

Yeap, I found that out yesterday. I guess one the faults of the Nikon.

It still gives me a larger view of my products instead of the 1-1/8" view. Just have to delete if need too or adjust and re shoot.

Thanks again, I'm new to Marco shooting but like it better than Landscape.

CBL

Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:20 PM   #6

How is your image quality when connected to the TV? Mine is very poor and I am trying to determine if it is my TV, my camera or my expectations.

Thanks!
brittie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:02 PM   #7
cbl

I am using a Toshiba 13", D70 w/ marco 60/2.8 lens, 24"x24" white tent, three lights and the camera on a horizonial rod obove the product.

My image quality is very good. Iam looking for product detail which I can see on the TV very clear. The color is great andif I'm out of focus it isnoticable. I'm laying my products down in a Tent so its hard to look in the viewfinder from the top of the tent. I use a ladder which helps me but I have found that the TV is the right move for me even if I delete a few pics.

I did my first group oftwenty-five items yesterday after setting up my tent and lights.

I onlyused Photoshop on six and deleted about fouteen but for my first paidshoot the customer is very pleased this AM.

CBL

Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:27 PM   #8

WOW - thanks guys - I forgot about the TV option. I'm going to an St. John USVI and will not have anyway to really see the shots I took until I get home.

I have 3 512 cards but but no viewer. Maybe I'll be lucky and the cottage will have a small TV.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:51 PM   #9

Grinder...

Just pick up a Sandisk Photo Viewer for about $20 on Ebay.

Lots there.

:-)
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 8:04 PM   #10

My picture quality is pretty bad when I view them on a television also. I have a hard time understanding this since we have been able to do this with every cheap little digital camera that we have ever owned. I tried to talk with Nikon, but they said that perhaps it was because I was not shooting in jpeg. I wrote the support e-mail, and they said it may be the quality of the picture on my televsion. Has anyone else tried hooking it up to the television, and if so, what were your pictures like?
sc_shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote