Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:09 PM   #1

Any good online tutorials etc for the D70?
TomSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:40 PM   #2

I could not find any. The best thing is to look into one of these 2 eBooks that are GREAT.

http://www.bythom.com/d70guide.htm

and

http://www.digitalsecrets.net/secrets/Orders.html

I think anybody that buys a D70 should have one of these - I have bottom one and strongly recommend it.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:48 PM   #3

Hello Tom ... I'm in the same boat ... ... I started off by reading the Nikon provided Manual - every word - which is unusual for me, but in this case necessary ... ... I've got Thom Hogan's e-book on order and will be glad to post some feedback about that after I get it ... ... if you're looking for some real basic instructions, here's a neat little snippet I came accross:

http://members.aol.com/bhaber/D70/lessons.html

Harry

justharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:03 AM   #4

Thanks Grinder and justharry.

I also came across Hogan's ebook. Haven't bought it yet, please let me know if it's worth the investment.
TomSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 9:41 AM   #5

I've been TOLD that both the ones I mentioned are a must. I only have the iNova book but I would buy ONE of them for sure. If I had to choose go with the Hogan book (cheaper). But my iNove book is a wealth of information (I look at it AGAIN today looking up WB with AUTO settings).

Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:35 PM   #6

Follow-up ... to my last post in this thread ... I did receive Thom Hogan's book and can report that it is excellent ... ... nowmy definition of excellent - as a novice photographer - is a book that is well written and - in a clear, concise, easy to understand and interesting manner - explains the design, functions and use of the D70 (and accessories, i.e. CF Cards, SB-600 and 800 flashes) ... ... I read a quote somewhere that Nikon should have packaged Thom's book with the camera instead of their manual and I have to agree.
justharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:43 AM   #7

Grinder, never mind. I just saw another of posts, sounds like you're a PC person.

Grinder, is the iNova book Mac compatible? The description site you referred didn't seem to mention that. If you're not a Mac person, I'll apologize in advance for bothering you with this question.
DennisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 3:03 AM   #8

yeah. i boght Hogan's book too (wish I had a hardcopy though)... reading PDF's just ain't the same. Its quite good although it doesn't go as far as into photography lessons - its like a EXTENDED USER MANUAL @ 500+ pages. Actually... I've been able to find out most of the similar info by reading online... so..... :?: :?

The Haber site is great. Highly recommended.
zupperphish is offline   Reply With Quote