Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:24 PM   #11

EXIF data ... Shutter 1/25, F/4.8, Bias +0.3, Focal length 60mm, ISO 1600, WB set for fluorescent. No further post processing undertaken apart from resizng the image to 600 x 399
Attached Images

stixbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:25 PM   #12

EXIF data ... Shutter 1/25, F/4.8, Bias +0.3, Focal length 60mm, ISO 1600, WB set for fluorescent. No further post processing undertaken apart from resizng the image to 600 x 399.
Attached Images

stixbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:55 AM   #13

Thanks for the input everyone I appreciate your time with me.

Since I do both macro(for flowers and such) and longer range photos(birds,hummers)Ive decided to get the tamron lens and get the camera with the body only since I really dont have a need for an extra 28-70 lens and Nikons lenses are so expensive.

I should be getting the D-70 next week,in the meantime I will be "studying" here at the forum.

Thanks again,your the best,

Laney:|
Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:08 AM   #14

Is there an easy way to post EXIF info - mormally the only thing I'M interested in are Fstop shuter speed and so forth - 90% of the rest is redundant.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:43 PM   #15

Laney wrote:
Quote:
Tamron has the AF28-300mm f/3.5-6.3,,its the xr Di LD aspherical (if) macro. Tamron list' this lens at over seven hundred bucks, B&H photo has it for $300 with a small rebate.

Laney
Hi,

Are you talking about the same lens(meaning Tamron & B&H selling same lens)?Tamron is listed over $700 and B&H is just over $300 and you get a small rebate? I would be interested in a deal like that. Could you post the links for me please?

Thanks,
Wilbur

PS I just recieved my Nikon D70 2 days ago.
KingCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:19 PM   #16

I have this lens and love it I got the kit and this lens in June so have been using it for a while. The only time I use the kit lens is indoors or a few time I knew I was taking landscapes.

Most of my shooting is opertunity shots during hikes and walks. As a single walk around lens it is great. That is my very non-professional opinion
goodrich62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:30 PM   #17

KingCrobra Wrote:
Quote:
Are you talking about the same lens(meaning Tamron & B&H selling same lens)?Tamron is listed over $700 and B&H is just over $300 and you get a small rebate? I would be interested in a deal like that. Could you post the links for me please?

Thanks,
Wilbur

I think this is the one refered to at least it is the one I have. The MSRP and street price of camera eqiuipment is often off by a lot:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/?ci=1&sb...&image.y=4

Congrats on your purchase, I hope you are as happy withyour D70 as I am with mine.

Happy Shooting,

Rich

goodrich62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:06 PM   #18

goodrich62 wrote:
Quote:
KingCrobra Wrote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Wilbur

I think this is the one refered to at least it is the one I have. The MSRP and street price of camera eqiuipment is often off by a lot:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/?ci=1&sb...&image.y=4

Congrats on your purchase, I hope you are as happy withyour D70 as I am with mine.

Happy Shooting,

Rich

Thanks Rich,

I for the link. I am still learning the camera switches and how to get around. I have take a few candid shots but have not played with it yet.

I have a couple of quesitions for you if you don't mind.

1. Eyepiece cap, how does that fit? I know it got to be something simple and i am just not seeing it.
2. The plastic cover for the LCD monitor on the back is not very tight. Doesn't seem to snap on like it should. Is there a trick somewhere to help this or is this an item i just need to have an extra one.

3. What lens would you suggest for stoping race track action and being anywhere from 50' to 100' feet away?

Thanks,
Wilbur

KingCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:54 PM   #19

Thanks Rich for passing along that link,Im just getting back online.

Also glad to hear some positve feedback about this lens,Im assuming its pretty new,I went to the Tamron sight and saw the price and I was pretty let down,but knowing B&H always has better prices I went there and jumped for joy when I saw the lower price,I almost thought it might be a typo it was too good to be true,lol.

Boy,that place sure gets alot of my money,,gotta luv em tho! :G

Laney
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:16 AM   #20

well folks I have the camera and the lens,Im very pleased with this combo,however I am having problems with macro work,Ive done alot with my 5700 but with the new camera and lens I cant seem to get it right,what am I missing? I tried using manual focus and the macro setting but Im not getting anywhere. Of course if I stand back far enough I can zoom in but thats not really macro now is it? I want to get up close for the photo.

Thanks!

Laney