Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:05 AM   #1

Thinking to buy a DSLR and D70 is on my list. Can someone tell me does D70 has image stabilizer...for a pair of shaky hands ?
query is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:28 AM   #2

The only DSLR i know of with an integrated image stabilizer is the Minolta 7D. It use the same sensor as the D70.

If you want to go with a D70 then you can buy the Nikon 24-120 VR lens that include Vibration reduction for a reasonable price.
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:40 AM   #3

Hi Morris,
Thanks for the info. Will look into this VR lens. I may be wrong but I think Canon Rebel has the image stabilizer feature...hum, interesting to find out.

In anycase, I really like D70 for its price, quality and performance...based on reviews and comments that I read so far.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:06 AM   #4

As Morris said, the Konica is the only SLR with image stabilization built in. Both Canon and Nikon have a set of lenses with IS. Canon calls it IS and Nikon calls it VR (Vibration Reduction). I had an opportunity to handle the Nikon 70-200VR, and I can attest that it works well. However, the dReb does not have IS built into the camera. Neither does my Nikon D70.

Cheers, Eric
erichlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:50 PM   #5

Morris,
Went to Google and searched under VR lens. Found brief info from dpreview.com. Sound like may be I can still buy D70 with VR lens...that combo.

Erichlund,
Good to hear positive news about this VR lens. Now, just to have test one out to see quality of the photo and how much vibration reduction.

Although I have a decent tripod [sprint pro by Slik] but there are occassions that I am not convenient to use it.

The medications that I am taking cause me shaking hands... something I need to work on with my doc.

Thanks guys.

P.S. For some reasons, not crazy about the brand, Minolta. I am more comfortable with Olympus, Canon, Nikon, Lumix and of course, Lecia. Hope I didn't offend anyone !