Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:47 AM   #1

I was talking to a portrait photographer last night who was using a Canon 10D. I mentioned I was about purchasing a Nikon D70. That's when he proceeded to tell me that his studio own three D70's that he wants to sell. He says that the Nikon digital SLR system is great for sports and action stuff, but falls short of the Canon digital SLR system when it comes to portraits, his main line of work. He attributed this to Canon's superior sensor and chip over the Nikons...and something about the Canon's processor being 100% dedicated to the image sensor...or somthing like that.

Anyone know if any of this holds true?
brightsideview is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:35 PM   #2

I think that's a personal preference, but all DSLR's have dedicated chips for image processing, Canon just put a marketing name on it. And my preference is for Nikon images, they just have a more life like look to them imo.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 6:04 AM   #3
kex

brightsideview wrote:
Quote:
*snip*
He says that the Nikon digital SLR system is great for sports and action stuff, but falls short of the Canon digital SLR system when it comes to portraits, his main line of work.
I thought it was just the opposite, or why are so many sport photographers having the big white (canon) lenses?

But in the end, both, nikon and canon, can be used for both, action and portrait photography and also for everything else of course.

I don't see the point in using the one or the other system for just a certain type of photos.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote