Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:57 PM   #11
kex

sudarshansen wrote:
Quote:
Thanks crazydrummer for your valuable reply.You told that I can turn on my camera all the time,but there should be some limitations.I forgot to make it off and it was turned on for 12 days constantly.Is it ok?

Regards

Sudarshan
sure it's alright.
Don't worry. It won't explode or anything like that.... :blah:
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:00 PM   #12

Ok.What is your impressions about D70?
Attached Images

sudarshansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:36 PM   #13

Hope this isn't what you'd consider a sample from it. This looks like a photo from a phone camera, WB off lots of CA and not very sharp. How about another photo for a sample the D70 is a good camera and is capable of much better with a good lens. Sorry for the negative post but you asked "What is your impressions about D70?" from this sample I'd say not so good but I know better....
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:41 PM   #14

kex wrote:
Quote:
sudarshansen wrote:
Quote:
Thanks crazydrummer for your valuable reply.You told that I can turn on my camera all the time,but there should be some limitations.I forgot to make it off and it was turned on for 12 days constantly.Is it ok?

Regards

Sudarshan
sure it's alright.
Don't worry. It won't explode or anything like that.... :blah:
Quote:
I know that it wont explode or anything like that,I was talking about the circuit of the camera as the power is remaining constantly in it.Ok
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:45 PM   #15

jtgraphics wrote:
Quote:
Hope this isn't what you'd consider a sample from it. This looks like a photo from a phone camera, WB off lots of CA and not very sharp. How about another photo for a sample the D70 is a good camera and is capable of much better with a good lens. Sorry for the negative post but you asked "What is your impressions about D70?" from this sample I'd say not so good but I know betterYes
Yes this photo was not produced from D70 it is from Nokia 7610.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:37 AM   #16

If anyone has any different opinion plz feel free to post:homey:
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:48 PM   #17

Not any diffrent than what the others had told you

On the issue of leaving the camera on it won't do anything to the camera did you notice just how long the battery last! If you noticed the display is on the top even in the off position, unlike a PS or what is considered a consumer camera a DSLR only used the power during processing and saving process the shutter is mechanical also so no power consumption DSLR use very little battery if you don't keep looking at the LCD. A PS camera circuitry is powering much of the camera all the time everything going thru the lens is being processed the reason you can view the LCD before and during the shot it won't hurt the camera either since about the only thing that's going to happen is the battery its self will godown and you won't have power to use it when you want to.

When I go out shooting for a day I leave the camera on the entire day and never turn it off till it goes back into the bag,
Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:02 PM   #18

If any new comments,plz feel free to post
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:17 PM   #19

I too leave my camera, (D100), on all the time when I'm out. Now I've gota question - What would happen if you change lenses while the camera is still on? I've done it, :angry:but not on purpose, and it didn't hurt anything.

PBee
PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:48 PM   #20

I'd recommend powering down the camera for Lens and CF card changes. While in most cases nothing will happen, having the power turned on you run the chance of a short circuit if you were to some how touch the wrong contacts with something like the mount ring by mistake or corrupt data in the CF card.

Be smart and power down for lens and CF card changes why take a chance!.

A little common cense can go a long way….