Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 22, 2005, 2:04 AM   #1

Hi friends, I recently purchased a Nikon D70 with the kit lens and getting very good results.I have got a confusion that by my mistake I fogot to make my camera off and it was kept in on position for around 12 days in my camera bag.After 12 days when I opened my camera bag I discovered that my camera is in on position and the battery indicator was also full.

I just want to know that will this hamper to my camera or damage my camera circuit?I have checked my camera and I havent found any malfunction.

I will be very much helpfull and thanlfull plz help me.:?
sudarshansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2005, 3:17 AM   #2
kex

sudarshansen wrote:
Quote:
Hi friends, I recently purchased a Nikon D70 with the kit lens and getting very good results.I have got a confusion that by my mistake I fogot to make my camera off and it was kept in on position for around 12 days in my camera bag.After 12 days when I opened my camera bag I discovered that my camera is in on position and the battery indicator was also full.

I just want to know that will this hamper to my camera or damage my camera circuit?I have checked my camera and I havent found any malfunction.

I will be very much helpfull and thanlfull plz help me.:?
hello and welcome to steve's.

Don't worry about your camera! You can let the camera turned on as long as you want. the camera will not be damaged by that. I read about people who never turn the camera off and I also sometimes forget to turn it off. no problems at all.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:03 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 11:55 AM   #4

Plz post your valuable comments:|
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:14 PM   #5

You told that you have read that many photographers who uses D70 does not switch off their camera.Can I get the link from where you read.:?
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:16 PM   #6

Thom Hogan's in his "Complete Guide to the Nikon D70" (page 60) says that the D70 uses the same energy when it sleeps between shots (camera on) that when it is turned off. Hogan concludes: "it makes little sense to turn the camera OFF between shots (unless you're using a Microdrive...)".

You can let your camera ON all the time.

Best regards

crazydrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:17 PM   #7
kex

sudarshansen wrote:
Quote:
You told that you have read that many photographers who uses D70 does not switch off their camera.Can I get the link from where you read.:?
yep:
http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID86/4933.html
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:45 PM   #8

Thanks Kex for ur reply.I followed your link and read,but that guy was telling that he turned on his camera overnight and I did it for 12 days and my battery indicator was showing full bars.I had a talk with a person who owns a camera shop in the grey market he told me that its not good for my camera.:-)
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:48 PM   #9
kex

sudarshansen wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Kex for ur reply.I followed your link and read,but that guy was telling that he turned on his camera overnight and I did it for 12 days and my battery indicator was showing full bars.I had a talk with a person who owns a camera shop in the grey market he told me that its not good for my camera.:-)
let's see it in another way:

I personally turn my cam off, when I'm done taking pictures and put it back into my bag.

But your camera will not be damaged if you forget to turn it off.

Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:53 PM   #10

Thanks crazydrummer for your valuable reply.You told that I can turn on my camera all the time,but there should be some limitations.I forgot to make it off and it was turned on for 12 days constantly.Is it ok?

Regards

Sudarshan