Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:50 AM   #11

:|

I have to back up Marokero here... As I posted on DD:

It is a photoshopped F6 body. I've used the F6 many times and have owned many-a-Nikon body to be able to distinguish between which parts were used where. The base of the image is an F6, that much is obvious.

The first thing that is suspect is the pop-up flash. There is no flash button on the side of the camera head to release the flash like all their other cameras have. Instead, it has the flash button behind the shutter button which is used to change flash modes and compensation, not mechanically pop-up the flash. The D70 has a part mechanical / part eletrical flash head release on the side of the head. When the button is pressed, it releases the flash, when held in, it gives flash mode and compensation control. So in short, the flash button seems misplaced.

The second thing I noticed, is that the top-right side of the body appears to be a meld of the D100 & D70. There are no molded mounds to put the x-sync and 9-pin connector... they appear to be simply dropped in. (Plus, official Nikon images of the camera would not have the terminal caps removed.) The terminals also seem too close together compared to my D2's and D1's. With this design, if you were to use a cable release in the 9-pin terminal, you would not have access to the x-sync because the base of those cable releases are fairly large. Also, the silver shutter button has a threaded cable release built in (from the N80) which would mean that there would be no 9-pin terminal on the body - it would be on the grip.

The other tell-tale sign is the seam along the base of the camera - it's not level from one side of the mount to the other.

All that being said, this is a very good composite image, but I don't believe it's the real D200. There are too many anomolies. Though I wouldn't be surprized if the real D200 isn't that far off what we see here.

JoePhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:50 PM   #12

This real one, no?

What "Photoshop composite" mean herethough?

Found I iton dpreview.com in current forum thread and saved to library computer I use...to upload it here at willfor you now.

Comment on this one you will???? Real it is enoughto me of course! ;-)

[Image Removed by Moderator]

No, in fact, the poster that created the image says it's a fake (he did it in Photoshop).

Since you did not have his permission to use it (and he noticed this thread and was obviously disturbed about your use of it here), I've removed it from your post.

Jim C.

Photo_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 2:35 AM   #13

Don't know about these images, but Nikon did file a U.S. Trademark application for the namd D200 on July 14, 2005. You can check that out at http://www.uspto.gov/and search under Nikon as the owner in the Boolean search form. Somethings coming, just don't know what or when!
RickieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:41 PM   #14

Wow yes!

It does come soon then afterall!!!!

For the work professional I do, D200 is going to be best model of DSLR!

A friend with camera retail distribution phones me yesterday with clear true knowledge of the camera. Available it will be after PMA 2006 shortly (a month coarsley from it so then it's got to mean April 2006. Sense makes this as of now.

It' apparently rivals D2x in quality, and with better noise too.

We also have the real fast true 5 frame per second advance with buffer of 15 raw.

But no CCD on the D200; either CMOS or LBCAST. Which one we haven't told us yet.

MB-D200 grip too will be sold as option add up grip to base on D200 small body.

ISO span is not clear as of yet though, we hope for at least the ISO of 3200 at top range end.

Announcement at PMA the latest. If it is such, availablity delay occures naturally several months beyond, but we no not the true delay in such case.

These my friend gave to me last evening as info from distribution channel people, so trust it I will, but not that all must likewise if unsure of the honesty.

Just trying to help out you. :-)
Photo_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 8:50 AM   #15

Hello,

Probably mid september according to image chasseur (french photography magazine). I'm curious too.

Kind regards from Belgium,

Patrick.
Patrick1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 8:54 AM   #16
Administrator

Photo_Man wrote:
Quote:
This real one, no?

What "Photoshop composite" mean herethough?

Found I iton dpreview.com in current forum thread and saved to library computer I use...to upload it here at willfor you now.

Comment on this one you will???? Real it is enoughto me of course! ;-)

No, in fact, the poster that created the image says it's a fake (he did it in Photoshop).

Since you did not have his permission to use it (and he noticed this thread and was obviously disturbedby your use of it here, especially by implying that it's real), I've removed it from your post.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:26 AM   #17

i found this, i dont know if its real or not but it seems pretty legit.

http://img.zol.com.cn/article/3/5/liaWJkPJriJQ.jpg

Brent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 6:39 AM   #18

legend not ledgend?
Luff Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:43 PM   #19

yes it does look photoshop more, Look at the Lens elements, your lookin straight at them, but they are not 100% 360 degrees
ACDCROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:03 PM   #20

Hello everybody !

Well ! I have to agree 200% on this picture had beed photoshopped ! WHY ?

I just copied to "Photoshop"... and blasted the image... 1st thing, it's damn funny to see all the pencil/brush strokes in the red section... and there is ABSOLUTELy no surrounding around this little red triangle, while there should have one... and a sharp one !

One more point, look at the flash area, there is a mistake right there... if there is a pop-up flash, there should have an edge all around.....

Then look at the hot shoe... what happened to it ? looks realy like it's been roughly forgotten when a lasso or other selection was done...

SORRY ! absolutely poor picture ! looks 200% fake !

BUT ! Good news, on sept. 1st 2005, in just 2 days, there is a national sales meeting at Nikon Canada, I am sure Nikon USA too at same time ! and pretty sure world wide... This means new stuff is coming ! if you really need to know, just get there, have your camera cleaned or so, and talk with staff people... Then you'll know the real thing !

Le Bauffe
Lebauffe is offline   Reply With Quote