Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 21, 2005, 12:40 PM   #1

Hi, I just got a D70 from a e-bay vendor, how can I tell if my new d70 has the updated software in it?

Thanks!:?
fourseasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2005, 1:29 PM   #2

If the menus are all grey you've got the updated version if they are coloured you haven't. You can lookat the firmware version in the setup menu. It should be 2.0 for both a and b.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 10:53 AM   #3

Hi , I needed help again, I try to update the Firmware ver 2.0, I was able to update the A, when it comes to the B I have a hard time to update into the D70, I try different way ( USB and Compact Flash ) with no luck, is there any special way to do or just me. Please teach me & show me. Thanks in advance.

Steven
Old May 23, 2005, 2:08 PM   #4

You can only update each version separately. Make sure you format the card between each update. You should only have one update on the card at a time.
CADman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 10:55 AM   #5

I did the A with USB port, then I ues the compact card to do the B, I tried few time with no luck, I did re- fomat the card each time, when I go to the carmera verson screen it only shows Current A 2.0 and B 1.03 is there any special way to up load the card information to the carmera.
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks!
Old May 24, 2005, 12:57 PM   #6

I would just start fresh and download the B ver. 2.00 to my newly formatted CF card. I use a card reader to transfer the file to my CF card. Remember that the file has to be on the top level of the card, not in any folders. Then, using a fresh camera battery update The B firmware as normal.

By downloading a fresh version you will be eliminating the possibility that the version you already downloaded was corrupted during the download.
CADman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 4:15 PM   #7

Finally I call Nikon USA, they got me set up from the phone line, their services are # 1. . Also , I would like to say thanks to every one in the forms as well.