Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 22, 2005, 1:08 PM   #1

What would you recommend for size of CF cards to buy for D70? Should I get 2 512k's ora single 1G card?
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2005, 4:03 AM   #2

I use 1GB cards and can get 178 RAW files on 1 card. The battery is also good for this number of shots so it makes things really simple.

The other side of the argument is that if I have a problem with the card I stand to lose a lot of pictures and from that point of view splitting the risk across 2 cards has it's advantages. That's why I chose 2 1GB cards instead of 1 2GB card:-)
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 12:09 PM   #3

1gig is just a nice capacity for the D70. I took mine on a weeks holiday recently and barely managed to fill a 1gig.
wingnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 8:03 PM   #4

The 1GB option is putting all the proverbial eggs in one basket, but it is more convenient shooting. However, in terms of cost, two 512 cards should be cheaper than a single GB card. The last time I bought 512 cards was in January and they cost me $25 each off photo.net . The GB cards I see seem to be about $60-70.
JOHNCHAP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 9:46 PM   #5

THE BIG ? IS HOW MUCH ARE YOU GOING TO SHOOT BETWEEN TIMES YOU GET TO DUMP THE CARD(s), AND IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO TAKE A BREAK TO SWAP CARDS IN THE MIDDLE OF A SHOOT?

I CARRY AN 2-80 LEXAR 1GB, 1- 512 SANDISK, AND 1-256 SANDISK, BUT I ALSO CARRY A 20GB WOLVERINE TO DUMP MY CARDS IN, SO THAT ICAN SHOOT 12,000 SHOOTS BEFORE I NEED TO FIND A COMPUTER.

WHAT ARE YOUR NEEDS. IF IT DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE GO WITH THE 2-512'S OF AT LEAST 40X SPEED
jschizas is offline   Reply With Quote