Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 23, 2005, 11:14 AM   #1

Hi , I needed help again, I try to update the Firmware ver 2.0, I was able to update the A, when it comes to the B I have a hard time to update into the D70, I try different way ( USB and Compact Flash ) with no luck, is there any special way to do or just me. Please teach me & show me. Thanks in advance.

Steven
fourseasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2005, 12:46 PM   #2

Did you reformat the memory card before copying the B firmware file on to it? If not and the card has both the A and B firmware on it, it may be confusing the cpu in the camera. Did you get any errors when you did the B firmware?

I upgraded my wife's D70 last night and had no difficulties with it. I used a card reader to copy the files to the CF card.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 10:54 AM   #3

I did the A with USB port, then I ues the compact card to do the B, I tried few time with no luck, I did re- fomat the card each time, when I go to the carmera verson screen it only shows Current A 2.0 and B 1.03 is there any special way to up load the card information to the carmera.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks!
Old May 24, 2005, 11:32 AM   #4

Exactly what happened when you tried to do the B firmware.

When you insert the CF card with the "B" (BD70200 or something like that) firmware at the root level of the card, when you turn on the camera and go to the firmware screen, you should see A 2.00 B 1.03. At the bottom of the screen, there should be an "Update" selection. If you select the Update function (not normally displayed) You should see something like B 1.03 --> 2.00. Select update and press the enter button. You should get the warning to not touch anything until "done" is displayed. When "done" is displayed, turn the camera off and remove the CF card. Turn the camera back on without the card. Go to the firmware screen and you should see A 2.00 B 2.00. Turn the camera off again, reinsert the CF card, turn the camera back on, and reformat the card.

If you are not able to get these steps to work, it's time go to a repair shop.

Cal Rasmussen
Old May 24, 2005, 12:17 PM   #5

Carl: can you tell me what is the riit level of the card, I did see A2.00 and B 1.03 on the scree, when I put the CF card (with B 2.00 infor in the card ) the screen did not ask me to an " update " selection. :?I hope I did not screw up the camera, I am not even use the camera yet ( I just got it 2 days ago) Thanks! Steven
Old May 24, 2005, 2:04 PM   #6

When you view the card from your PC, it appears as a removeable drive with one or more folders on it. Do not place the file in a folder. In Windows Explorer, open the folder containing the firmware file. Drag and drop this file on the "Removeable Drive" label. After doing so, click on "Removeable drive" and in the right pane you should see the firmware file and a folder named something like dc100 or something like that. If you see that, you are ready to put the CF card in the camera.

I don't think you have screwed anything up. You either didn't copy the B file to the card or you copied it to one of the folders on the card. If the file is in a folder, the camera will not be able to find it.

Cal
Old May 24, 2005, 4:16 PM   #7

Old May 24, 2005, 4:17 PM   #8

Finally I call Nikon USA, they got me set up from the phone line, their services are # 1. . Also , I would like to say thanks to every one in the forms as well.