Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 28, 2002, 2:02 AM   #1

Default nikon diffuser with sb-80dx

when i put this on the flash, it auto defaults to 14mm zoom...with this, i always get underexposure and/or flash never fires....am i doing something wrong?...but if i remove it, the flash is ok, i can adjust the zoom up to 105, which usually is what need to get my exposure that i want....

coments/help...

thanks
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2002, 7:33 PM   #2

Hello -- you may find Thom Hogans website a valuable place to learn about the Flash and how to use it on your d100. He shares great knowlegde on the flash and that is where I have learned to use mine...
Good Luck . Toarto
toarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2002, 7:37 PM   #3

ooops ---- the above website by thom hogan is
www.bythom.com
toarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 11:16 AM   #4
DOC

The SB80-DX diffusion dome is designed to give diffusion greatly in excess than that of normal bounce flash and elimination of shadows. This naturally severly restricts usable flash distance. Page 69 of the owners manual states that the zoom head is automatically set at 14mm. This setting is triggered by the dome depressing a tiny switch on the flash head when it is installed. If you notch the dome so it does not depress the switch the zoom head can be set where you want it. To prove this depress the switch with your finger and head will go to 14mm. Page 25 of the SB80-DX manual explains the dome usage in detail.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote