Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:27 AM   #1

I don't think any one of us would be stupid enough to open it, but today I received an email entitled "D70 firmware update" from a certain Edward Foxley. No text in the email, just an attachment which I certainly did NOT open. Just a warning in case it is one of those days when you are feeling a trusting soul..............
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:46 PM   #2

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I sent you the Nikon provided D70 2.0 firmware update file "D70fw20-1.zip". I noticed you lamenting about the "bad" Nikon UK website and I thought I would try and help you out. The file I sent you was the one I used to update my own D70. Soooo...use it or delete it, your choice. Next time, if ever, I'll ask before I send someone an attachment. Again, I apologize.

your photo friend,
...Ed
http://community.webshots.com/user/edorfox
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:22 AM   #3

OMG I feel stupid! Since there was no text in the message I didn't dare try and open the attachment! (Blindly searching through the deleted files). Thank you so much for being so helpful and here's to this site - we are all here to help each other

cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:45 AM   #4

Hi,

Please don't feel that way, you have no reason to. It was silly of me to assume you wouldn't toss that kind of an attachment in this day and age. I probably would have done the same thing.
Now that we have talked...let me know if you would like me to re-send the file.
...Ed
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:00 AM   #5
Administrator

No offense but ... you can't even trust an email attachment from someone that you know as either they or you could have a virus that can get your friend's email address out of your program. There are plenty of official Nikon sites to get the file from - I wouldn't get it from anywhere else.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote