Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 12, 2005, 9:56 PM   #1

We discovered today that my wife's D70 autofocus has a problem. She was trying to focus on a subject about six feet away and it would not focus. Using AF-S, Single sensor, center spot. When I switched to closest object mode, the focus worked OK. After getting home, I determined that the center and top focus sensors don't seem to work. The camera will not autofocus with either one of those sensors. The other three work fine. Has anyone seen this problem? The camera is still in warantee and there is no problem returning it.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:14 AM   #2

I've had this exact same problem a few days ago with my Autofocus. Lucky for me it was just a glitch, but I'm afraid it may stop working all together.
alphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:06 PM   #3

My wife took the camera into an authorized Nikon repair shop and they found a piece of grass inside the camera blocking two of the focus sensors. They removed the grass and the camera works fine, now. This illustrates the importance of being careful where and when you swap lenses. Minimize the amount of time that the camera is left open.

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote