Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:30 AM   #1

Hi hows it going,

I hope to learn a bit from you guys in regards to photography, as i'm just an amature.

When I updated the firmware on my D70, it only updated the B. WhenI did the updateI put bothA and b on there andI thinkI stuffed it, as it only updated B. I followed the instruction systematically and didn't find out till the end of it all that you have to do A and B seperately and A first.

Is there a method to remedy this?? ForI do not wish to have a D70 as a paper weight.

The Australian Nikon distributor are not being very helpful for liability reasons they won't tell me how to fix it as they think I may find them at fault if something further goes wrong. I don't really want to send my camera away to get fixed when the problem is something that couldeasily be fixed at home.

I hope to hear from you guy's soon, any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

BonKeRS

Mr_BonKeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:30 AM   #2

Just put the A on the card on it's own and update a lot of people have done this.
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:46 AM   #3

Tried doing that with no success, it is like the camera does not see the file on the CF card. Any paths that I could follow??

Bonkers
Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:51 PM   #4

Are you sure you have the firmware file in the root directory on the card and not in a sub directory?
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:22 AM   #5

Well I bite the bullet and went to maxwell in sydney and the fixed the firmware in five minutes. That is a load off my mind, thanks for the help though.

BonKerS