Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:24 PM   #1

I seem to remember reading that the D70, with the good fast card, could take pictures until it ran out of flash space. Just press the shutter down, in continuous shooting mode, and the camera could write jpgs out faster than the buffer could fill... i.e. it would take pictuers until the flash was full.

Looking at Steve's review, this looks to not be the case. Is this correct, and my memory is wrong?

Can any camera do it?

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2005, 6:16 PM   #2

Hi, Erics,

This is an excerpt from a Jan 2004 Nikon news release...

"The D70 is ready to use the instant it is turned on. The 5-area autofocus system is fast and precise, and includes an AF-assist illuminator to help maximize performance even in dark shooting conditions. And, it can shoot at rapid 3 frames per second for a continuous burst of 144 pictures (when using JPEG NORMAL - Large settings, and a SanDisk SDCFH256MB (ultra II) CompactFlash[sup]TM[/sup] card) thanks to improved buffer memory handling, faster image processing, increased memory card access speed and greater system bus bandwidth."

...Ed
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:34 AM   #3

Thanks for that info. Anyone know if it's actually correct?

Many camera makers (Nikon included) stretch the truth a bit. Of course, reading that text it's hard to see how it could have been stretched without getting into truth-in-advertising law-suit areas.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote