Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:37 AM   #1

For me, much as Iadmire it, the D2X is too heavy to carry all day and the D70S underspecified, so I have been comparing the D2Hs, the D2X and the D70S and with a reasonable degree of hope expect to see these features coming when - or if - Nikon deign to release a D100 replacement.

8mp or better, since the D2X has 12mp and the D70S 6mp.

6fps, since the D2Hs has 8fps with 4mp, the D2X 6mp at the same speed but less if the full resolution is used, and something in the middle would enable cropping with adequate resolution for enlargements. The D2Hs is outdated and outmoded by the D2X and no longer forms any reasonable part of the Nikon lineup, like the D100 I'm afraid. The D70S still has but 3fps, inadequate for action photography, be it sport or wildlife.

These are the mainspecifications I would like to see, but what do you think? Are there specific things you would like to see on the new replacement, if one is coming at all?
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:26 AM   #2

Since I already got my D100 replacement (D2x), I'm not so worried about a D200. But here's what would be nice to see:*¬*10 megapixels at 5fps (Sony CMOS), though no HSC mode* a similar body shape as the F6, with optional vertical grip available* MultiCam 1500 or some new hybrid autofocus system in between MultiCam 2000 and the old MultiCam 1300 - 9 AF points, 5 cross type* an infrared on/off sensitivity mode (just a wish¬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/grin.gif[/img]) to allow infrared photography when needed.On a side note, the Op-Tech reporter neck strap is really good for reducing the strain of holding the camera on your neck all day¬*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:32 PM   #3

I still love my D100, shot thousands of frames and has made me some money over the few years have owned it. Would love to purchase the D2X, but don't think I will get rid of my D100. Have invested in "good Nikon glass"....fast lenses and made to last. Have a D70 too, but still favor the D100. I was taught in the "old school," when you push that shutter button...you know it was a good shot or bad..don't have to burn 20 or 30 frames hoping I might get a good shot! :-)Try Brooks Institute...they will teach when to push that button...
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:40 PM   #4

Marokero...just have to say...as a born cat lover...love your cat pictures...have a tabby that looks like one of yours...made a bit of money myself...taking pictures of cats and dogs...love them both!
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:24 AM   #5

Marokero, you are an expensive person! Knowing you are a knowledgeable person I took yours and my own advice, gave up on the idea of waiting and bought a D2X today - hope it is as good as you and everyone else says. Just need the daily workout to carry it I guess.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 2:19 AM   #6

Dang, I had this long reply typed up and my browser crashed when trying to use the smileys Cameranserai, good luck with the D2x, you will find the X much sharper out of the box than any other Nikon body And you'll probably find yourself changing lenses nearly 50% less as I do, using HSC mode Ross, thanks, I'm a cat lover as you see in the avatar, but on occasion I do play with my friends' dogs I've also kept my D100 as a backup/secondary camera, as it's easier to just have a different focal length mounted on the second body than changing lenses during a crucial moment at any event.. I need an assistant just to carry a third body + lens ;^)
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 9:19 AM   #7

Well,

I have just used A D2X and I think I will stick to My D100. The final results are the same for each camera. You can't tell any difference at all in the quality of the pictures. They are great from each camera. I used My 24/120"VR" lens on the D2X because it is My lens of choice for doing weddings and everything else. The reason I like the D100 is it is lighter, easy to use menue selections, A built in flash when needed for slight flash fill. It also just feels better in My hands with the MB-D100 vertical grip installed on it. My opinion but I just like the D100 much better then the D2X.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:38 PM   #8

A numericaltype of reflex instrumentI wantto see by the final of the year to groove between theD2x and theD70s in performance. Giveit "D200"the bodie more muscular than theD70s, and more burst speed. Give speed of the flashsink the 1/500 second with thecensor of CCD type. None have the CMOS to go down to 1/500 which they said. Also,censor 8MP of inD200 no;10MP+ elasticity for a higher competition with the Gun EOS-3D.
Sorry about word-grammar I use...English not my default tongue no.
Photo_Man is offline   Reply With Quote