Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:02 PM   #1

If anyone has looked on ebay you'll find dozens of replacement batteries for the D50/D70/D100 etc.

I have a new D50 and need a spare battery. Was shocked to find all the non-OEMs listed. Even after shipping they're still about $10 a battery.

Trust 'em?
toddjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:29 PM   #2

Bought my boss 2EN-4 by Lenmar from Ebay. 1/4 cost of Nikon brand...excellent performer batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take that Nikon you cannot beat!!!!!:blah:

Do not afraid of after-market battery be. Fine they are for pro use. None experience with D50/D70 batteries I afraid.
Photo_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 3:58 PM   #3

Hi. I'm 'Photo_man' 's nephew.

I'm sosorry for the lack ofmy uncle's English. He is so embarrassed. He comes from a small village tribe.

But he's a really cool guy. Just try to bear with his english. I will be around here for the next hour or so, so I can translate for him.

He says that the batteries worked very well in his D1x.

-Gean
Photo_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:23 PM   #4

Hi,

I use ebay batteries in my D70 and am very pleased with the performance/price.

...Ed
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:24 PM   #5

thanks!
toddjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:56 PM   #6
Administrator

I've used a number of non-Nikon Li-ion packs in my D70 and have had no problems with any of them. The only "brand name" one so far was a Lenmar, the rest are generic Chinese made cells. Most of them cost more for UPS shipping than the price of the battery itself :roll:
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:10 AM   #7

Sorry, this may be a stupid question, but how often would you need a spare for the D50/D70? I took about 1000 pictures this weekend with a borrowed D70, and no change on the battery indicator. (I'm guessing it will suddenly jump to 50% soon though, as I thought 2000 shots are about max for this camera on one charge..)

I'm guessing you guys are going on longer trips in the wilderness?

Thanks

-Tom

tomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:43 AM   #8

Hi,

You're right, they can take lots of photos on a single charge. Because of that, you'll find sooner or later that you forgot to recharge the battery! DOH! now what!

I have three! :lol:

...Ed
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 3:08 AM   #9

I read that the D2X can take about 3,000+ shots on it's battery, but I have not yet needed to go that far yetin a day! I do know that after 500 shots the battery showed 79% full still. At 40 photos per Mb of memory in NEF that is one load of CF card needed! I have got into the habit of recharging thebattery at the end of the day and do have a spare - generic from Ebay - for the D70which I have used only to try it out really. I haven't bought one yet for the D2X though in view of its extendedcapabilities, but then the battery is quite a bit bigger anyway to start with.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 7:03 AM   #10

use 3rd party battery no so good bcoz worry the internal liquid leak and damage your camera.
i used 3rd party battery also. so far nothing happen, BUT i always plug in the original battery when never use it more than 1 day.
koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote