Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 22, 2003, 7:40 AM   #1

Default Kenyan Safari

I have a new D100 which I will be taking on Safari in March with my F100. I'm concerned about storage and have been looking at the MindStor portable storage device and the Nixvue system. Has anyone used these?
sbaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2003, 9:27 AM   #2

Hi,

You can look this URL, same thing but you can join and ask your question to them as helpful than this not much info.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/cgi-bin/...c&f=1&t=002777
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 8:11 AM   #3

Default Nixvue vista

I took a once in a lifetime trip last Nov.I made a purchase of the Nixvue Vista and have been satisified with the results.There is newer items out there but I did not consider savings in dollars but rather saving images I could not duplicate. Iinput 1465 images into storage without a hitch. I thought the TV viewer was a non-essential item but I used it at an old friends home and it was a real hit. It's also a great way to view images in a motel room. I would rather see pics at 640x480 on a 21in tube than view microscopic thumbs through my old eyes. There are a lot of options out there but this one I use and I can tell you it works. I most like the compactness and the verification of files when coppied. Good luck.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 2:04 PM   #4

Thanks for the help. Do you know if the nixvue is compatible with a Mac G4 computer? Also if you use the D100 do you use the NEF, Tif or fine jpeg?
sbaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 2:45 PM   #5

I have a 20 Gig Mindstore that I've used on several trips and have been satisefied with it. I've usually plugged it in when saving files because I'm not always sure whether the battery has enough charge.
kenww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 4:38 AM   #6

Sbaute, Nixvue is good to go with Mac, read the review that Steve did. I can't answer your question about thr D100 as I don't own one. I have an older 4mpx that has a file size of 2.5m each.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote