Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 24, 2005, 6:40 AM   #1

I've been reading, on occasion, accounts of problems reading the colour temperature in D2X RAW intoAdobe Photoshop CS.

Speaking to Adobe Technical Support on Friday they told me that this "white balance encryption problem" was now fixed,does this tie in with other peoples experience?

Regards, Graham.
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:28 AM   #2

this is a raw issue only not a problem if you shoot jpg.

well first of all ver 3.2 of adobe camera raw will resolve that issue and is due out in the next week or two. the bad news is that adobe camera raw 3 and above is only supported by CS2.

now there is a bright side to this in that there is enough of a feature/function difference between CS2 and CS to make the upgrade pay off.

other then that is nikons software for raw conversion and then on to PS to work it the rest of the way
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:17 PM   #3
Administrator

Thomas Knoll made a comment about the solution not long ago. Nikon decided to provide Adobe with a "mini SDK" to interpret the encrypted White Balance information in .nef files. So, ACR 3.2 will support it.

Here's a thread I started on this subject:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=58

This may not be the final 3.2 version (it should be released soon). But, a user found a copy of ACR 3.2 on one of Adobe's ftp servers here (you'll need PSCS2 to use it):

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photos...ra_Raw_3_2.zip

Edit:

Well, it looks like the link is no longer valid (Adobe must have pulled it). But, it should be available soon.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 6:16 AM   #4

Thanks for this. Sounds like I need to budget for an upgrade to CS2 as well....

Regards, Graham.
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:30 AM   #5
DBB

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Thomas Knoll made a comment about the solution not long ago. Nikon decided to provide Adobe with a "mini SDK" to interpret the encrypted White Balance information in .nef files. So, ACR 3.2 will support it.

Here's a thread I started on this subject:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...43&forum_id=58

This may not be the final 3.2 version (it should be released soon). But, a user found a copy of ACR 3.2 on one of Adobe's ftp servers here (you'll need PSCS2 to use it):

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photos...ra_Raw_3_2.zip

Edit:

Well, it looks like the link is no longer valid (Adobe must have pulled it). But, it should be available soon.

Oddly enough, I've heard that the new release will be 3.3, skipping 3.2, which may have been completed beofre this deal - We shall see.
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote