Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:00 AM   #1

Default From camera to photoshop 7

Can anyone walk me thru (with the greatest of simplicity please) the best way to download my shots off my D100 to photoshop 7. Does photoshop except the RAW format? Thanks for putting up with the rookie.
Scott the fireman
Scott the Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:28 AM   #2

Use Nikon View to fetch the images from the camera by clicking the "Tools" drop down menu and choosing "Launch Nikon Transfer", then use the "File" drop down menu in View to "Edit using other program" and select "Photoshop 7.0". When Photoshop opens, a pop up will allow you to adjust your RAW settings.

Alternately with NEF's already on your hard drive, just open them in Photoshop, and you'll get the same pop up box to adjust your settings.

In either case, you will have to have installed View, which will install the plug-in if it detects Photoshop.
JimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2003, 6:58 PM   #3

Default Is this a better than the Adobe raw plug in?

Iv'e heard so many different opinions. Is the way described above the easiest way to import into PS 7 or is a better route to purchase the Adobe raw plug in ($100).
Scott the Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2003, 9:44 PM   #4

Essentially it works exactly the same as the alternate method I mentioned with the new Raw plug-in you just have a heck of a lot more options to play with...and the plug-in that View installed doesn't come into play.

With the Raw plug-in, all you have to do is find the image in the File Browser, and double click it to open. The same works with the View plug-in, just the options are much more basic.
JimS is offline   Reply With Quote