Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 3, 2003, 4:53 AM   #11

Default comment

I take my camera kayaking and I keep it in a floatable dry bag unless I am using it. I only pull it out of the dry bag when I know I am in a steady position and it is safe.

the dry bags are relatively cheap (approx $20) and will keep your camera safe. Wrap the camera in bubblepack while it is in the drybag to protect it.

Good luck!

Jim
Jim Ghiringhelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 5:24 PM   #12

Default Do you have insurance?

Well, if you have home owners or renters insurance I'd give them a call as they'll pay for the repairs for a lot less then it'll cost you not to use them.
elterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 7:54 PM   #13

Default comment

I kayak and take my digital camera, but keep it int he drybag until I am ready to take photos. Even then keep the bag close so if you see some rough water, put it back in and even if youroll into the water it will safely float (use a line to attach it to you)

In addition I would use clear plastic wrap/bag around the camera except for the lens and a neck strap of course.

always be prepared to move the camera to the dry bag quickly and roll up the seals so your camera is safe.

Jim
Jim Ghiringhelli is offline   Reply With Quote