Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:59 AM   #1

Ive heard of this happening with the D70 too. Where you right click the image on your desktop and look at the exif data and find that there is no ISO info. I just downloaded and tryed this and it worked like a charm. Did a folder of over 300 6mp images in about 1.5 minutes.

http://www.vandrasik.com/software/IsoFix12.zip
(requires .NET framework 1.1 to run)

quoted from the author (obtained from dpreview.com):

Quote: OK, Here is my fix for the EXIF ISO "bug". Nikon hides the ISO setting in the EXIF "MakerNotes" field. This program pulls it out of there and copies it to the standard EXIF ISO field. This makes the ISO setting viewable in PhotoShop and other programs that can't properly decode the Nikon MakerNote field. Works on images shot in JPG and images shot in NEF and converted with Nikon Capture or Nikon Browser / Nikon View.

To install, unzip all files to a temporary folder and run setup.exe. To use, right-click on a folder name and select "ISO Fix". The application will attempt to correct all JPGs in the folder.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:40 AM   #2

Hello !

Tried the ISO Fix and noticed, that the picture files are slightly larger after fixing the ISO.

Does this mean, thatsaving the ISO information in the jpeg files will come with further compression and loosing image information/detail or is ist handled like the "lossless jpegs" featurein PSPX ?

Bye,

Martin
Manie_de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 4:17 PM   #3

Thats a good question. I hope not.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote