Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:05 PM   #1
mao

My d50 will be here this week. I was wondering if anyone had tried the TCON 17 with a Sigma 70-300 APO DG. I don't expect too good of quality, but usabe would be nice. I have the tcon from my Fuji s5000....mao
mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2005, 8:56 AM   #2

It works about the same as using a teleconverter. It loses some contrast but the results are acceptable. I have tried it and the .8 as well. Focus and exposure were fine.

Rene
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 9:01 PM   #3

Glad I saw this post. I have a TCON-14b that I had been using on my Panasonic FZ20. I bought a D50 and also a 70-300 Tamron LD. Never thought of trying it on the Tamron, but it fits perfectly. I'll have to try it out tomorrow.
mhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 3:22 AM   #4

Be careful as these lens attachments put extra stress on the lens threads, as well as on the autofocus mechanism if your lens is not an internal focusing unit. I've tried it on my old 28-85AF (not D or G) with 4004s film body. The autofocus struggled to work with a WCON-08 I had from my Olympus E-10 days. Undue stress on the autofocus motor of the camera could lead to an early demise of the AF.*[img]/forums/images/emoticons/icon_sad.gif[/img]
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 8:27 PM   #5

The TCON-14B is heavy hanging off the front of the Tamron 70-300. I agree it's not something one would want to walk around with and risk damaging the lens. I noticed it introduces noticeable CA in the images too. I'll have to look into a "normal" quality telextender eventually.
mhansen is offline   Reply With Quote