Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:52 PM   #1

Hello, I'm new to the group. I just had a D200 with the new 18-200mm VR in my hands. I tried to give the Nikon rep. $2,500 USD and the word from him was no. All I can say, is that it is one hell of a built camera. The AF is fast and the new 18-200mm VR lens is nice. I shot seven pic's with the setup and even though the camera was set on defult, the colors were right on. The menu is very easy to navigate through, and those that own D70's will have no problem setting up the camera. The size and feel is a lot like the F100, but seems built like my F4s (which I will use to drive nails with when it dies on me). I think my 300mm f/2.8 and my 500mm f/4 AI-P will look very nice with a D200.

regandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2005, 6:56 AM   #2

I suggest you wait until the third or forth software update. By then they may have worked out the bugs.
Africa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:43 AM   #3

I just got mine about a week ago, and am havign a great time learning how to get the most out of it. The build and feel are excellent. My 18-200mm VRII will be here today, and then I can really get out and start shooting. Currently own 50mm 1.8 and 35-70mm 3.3-4.5.
davenall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:22 PM   #4

Africa wrote:
Quote:
I suggest you wait until the third or forth software update. By then they may have worked out the bugs.
Howlong before 3 or 4 revs of software are done? Are talking about weeks or months here? I am just trying to figure out on how long to wait here??
harana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:28 AM   #5

I wouldn't wait for or worry about software updates. If new firmware is released (and that's a big if..the D50 has had no firmaware updates since release, and the D70 has only had one in 2 years) you will be able to update your camera very easily. If you wait, think about all the shots you will miss.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote