Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 3, 2003, 7:48 PM   #1

Default Need help with color settings

I posted a question in the software/editors section related to processing my D100 images with photoshop. As I am not sure the solution is in the D100 or Photoshop, I am posting the link to the question here as well. Would greatly appreciate some assistance.
thanks!

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...?p=34321#34321
Pilaar39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2003, 5:17 PM   #2

Paul,

you can't post images using Color Space II to the web as most browsers don't support it (99%) so you have to convert the images color mode to sRGB. The proble is, Adobe RGB Gamut is wider then sRGB Gamut so some colors will be altered for the closest value in sRGB and that is often a value that is already present in the image so they appear to lose tonal range.

There are a few things you can do, shoot RAW and change the color space using Nikon Capture 3 or convert to a 16-bit Tif and convert to sRGB in Photoshop before changing to an 8-bit JPG. This should keep some of the tonal range.

Or option number 2 is to keep shooting the way you're shooting and convert to sRGB then try to bring back some of the tone with curves and levels.

Pete
elterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 5:18 PM   #3

Sorry, that should read you shouldn't post images using color space II to the web as technically you can but it screws up the color.
elterrible is offline   Reply With Quote