Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 4, 2002, 9:07 PM   #1

Default No more D1X???

I heard through the rumor mill that Nikon has discontinued the D1X. Also, it is being replaced with the Nikon DM digital. Early specs are as follows:

Recording pixels: 4000 x 2624
CCD: Full chip no interpolation, 10.64 million pixels (8,048 x 2648 array)
Magnification factor: variable (0.0x to 2.0x) WOW!!!
Connectivity: USB 2, fire wire and wireless data transfer Double WOW!!!
Storage: in addition to CompactFlash and Microdrive a Static 1 gigabyte internal drive Triple WOW!!!
LCD Monitor: 3in. with zoom function

If there is a shred of truth to the above PLEASE let me know. If not, please break it to me gently.

[Edited on 7-5-2002 by nikonman]
nikonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2002, 8:12 AM   #2

Default Hmmm

Where did you hear this?
Ben Hoog. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2002, 8:33 AM   #3

really?...everything will be discontinued eventually...so what is the point...
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:16 PM   #4

1. There are those of us that like the “heads up” when considering the purchase of a very expensive digital camera such as the D1X.
2. If your business needs doesn’t necessitate an immediate purchase of a high-end digital SLR wait; the new model is coming soon.
3. As the original question suggests, I am on an information gathering quest to see if the information that I received, about Nikon’s new model, is accurate.
4. This is a discussion Forum
Old Jul 9, 2002, 6:41 PM   #5

Default Heads up

People do appreciate a heads up. However, this is just a baseless rumour for now, unless you have something to actually back it up. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame you or anything.

Let us know if you find something of substance!
Old Jul 9, 2002, 10:51 PM   #6

What part of “information gathering” is so difficult to understand? I have taken the first step in sharing the above information on this discussion board in hopes of receiving conformation on its validity. Unfortunately, all that I have received is convoluted logic and misplaced criticism. Again, if someone has information on the discontinuance of the D1X and/or it’s replacement please let me know. Thank you.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 12:37 AM   #7

Default Following the trail

Welll, I've tried to start the "information gathering" process where the "info" was given. You.

You said that you heard through the rumor mill... yada-yada-yada. You gave some very specific numbers and detailed specs. I asked you where you heard this. You didn't respond with an answer. When people try to follow tracks and as far as they can see, they begin and end with you, we assume that you are the rumor mill.

So, if you tell me where you heard this, I'll go on to the next step of the "information gathering" process and leave you alone.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:01 AM   #8

“Well, I've tried to start the "information gathering" process where the "info" was given. You.”

There have been 1200+ views of this thread and only 1(you) that is having difficulty understanding research 101.

“I asked you where you heard this. You didn't respond with an answer.”

The local Nikon rep. gave me the specs that I have listed. B&H informed me of the discontinuance of the D1X. Now that I have given you the information that you have requested what are your next steps? Do you want the address and phone number of the Nikon Rep. or the phone number to B&H? Stop "yada-yada-yadaing" get proactive and seek other reference points. Multiple reference points are the name of the game then start the collation process.

I intentionally left out my resources, in my original post, and your request for them. Why? 1200 other people understand, I will let you ponder it.

“…we assume that you are the rumor mill.”

We, please identify your resources or I will assume that we = me.

“… "information gathering" process and leave you alone”

Thank you, please allow someone of intellect and substance to respond and “yada-yada” elsewhere.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 11:26 AM   #9

Default <Sigh>

Quote:
Originally posted by nikonman

There have been 1200+ views of this thread and only 1(you) that is having difficulty understanding research 101.

The reason there are 1200+ views of your origininal message is because there is a link to it from dpreview.com.
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read....essage=2978132

In order for people to know what the link is about, they must click on it. Don't assume that because someone is curious about what is in the box, they like the contents inside.

The local Nikon rep. gave me the specs that I have listed. B&H informed me of the discontinuance of the D1X. Now that I have given you the information that you have requested what are your next steps? Do you want the address and phone number of the Nikon Rep. or the phone number to B&H? Stop "yada-yada-yadaing" get proactive and seek other reference points. Multiple reference points are the name of the game then start the collation process.

The phone number of the Rep. would be great! By the way, I had immediately started to seek out validation of your original post. Care to take a look?
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read....essage=2971714

And while I'm doing your homework anyway...
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read....essage=3000896

I intentionally left out my resources, in my original post, and your request for them. Why? 1200 other people understand, I will let you ponder it.
I know 1200 is probably a really big number for you, but try not to let that cloud sound reasoning. The vast majority were brought over by a link from another site, not to wait with baited breath for pearls of wisdom to drop from your lips.

Thank you, please allow someone of intellect and substance to respond and “yada-yada” elsewhere.

People of intellect challege others to support their statements, and ask questions. Your attempt to slander my intellect is merely a feeble attempt to deflect valid arguments.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 5:37 PM   #10

Alas, something with some meat to it, thank you for providing a link to www.dpreview.com and for posting my thread.

Firstly, next time try this, “Nikonman (or whomever) that information is interesting but some of it sounds too good to be true. Post your information on www.dpreview.com it is another very good source for digital discussion. Good luck on your fact finding mission.” - it's just that simple.

Secondly, Next time assume that a post is from a person with a genuine question and stop trying to expose someone that you think has a hidden agenda.

“People of intellect challenge others to support their statements, and ask questions. Your attempt to slander my intellect is merely a feeble attempt to deflect valid arguments.”

Thirdly, (sorry I couldn’t resist), I challenge you to find one of your arguments (most of which are baseless) that you’ve posed that I have not addressed completely with critical thinking and logic. I could spend several paragraphs addressing your avoidance of my very clear and concise questions and criticisms but it is moot at this point.

Lastly, thanks again for the information.