Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 11, 2006, 8:21 PM   #1

I have a Nikon 990 that is showing a symbol that I cannot find in the instruction book.

On the LCD screen, in the upper right hand corner, the symbol is constantly blinking, regardless of the mode, A or M. It looks like a circle with clock hands at 9 and 12 with a dot at 3. There is nothing like it in the manual, batteries are fully charged and it is there whether I am using the timer or not. Does anyone know what this means????
dichro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:24 AM   #2

Most likely the internal date/time settings have been lost. You shold be able to find this in the setup menu and reset it. The 990 has an internal battery that retains these settings for some amount of time when the cameras batteries are removed or completely lose their charge. As I understand it, the internal battery gets charged from the main batteries. I do not know how long the internal battery lasts when all other power is removed from the camera. I think that this time period is short (like a day or so). Good luck...
rbhoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 2:00 PM   #3

Thanks. That was it. Of course, Nikon could have documented the symbol....

dichro1 is offline   Reply With Quote