Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 4, 2006, 11:28 PM   #91

Yes they are still finding small pieces in some parts of the woods... Nasa no longer gets excited when they are notified. I'll send some other pics privately to keep this forum on LOL topic... As you will see the parts discovered were pretty small for a *space shuttle* There are two larger objects that were NOT taken by me... I was amazed those didn't fall on someone or a home.

John Wayne... I think thats so cool that it was mentioned in a movie along side the famous John Wayne... thats awesome.

Need to mention something about my D50 to stay on topic...I so wanna wrap my D50 in a baby blanket, put it in a childs baby carrier and carry it around lifting it up to show everyone my new *baby*

Im taking a group of Pre K and Kind. children on a bus trip tomorrow and will be taking my first real time pics ... course it will be in auto mode... I can not wait to play with it and see if I'll get lucky and have something to show here..

Happy Friday ya'll!!!
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 8:19 AM   #92

debby . . . I've been to Nacodoches but I've never been to Nacodaches . . . I think they were named after a pair of Indian brothers. Actually I was born in a little town down the road from you, Henderson, perhaps you have heard of it. LOL Spent a fun weekend when I was about 15 one summer in the dorms at SFA when my aunt was attending . . . still have a few relatives in the area but I haven't been back in several years. Nice to see ya on the boards.

I recently bought a KM DiMage 200 for point and shoot and am debating the D50 or D70 for the more important family events and milestones photos.

Another forum us ladies are far outnumbered on is an HDTV forum I visited extensively when I was researching our HDTV purchase and various related components. http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/index....112200a8a&similar to here with a wealth of information and all the guys are really helpful too.

Deana
Qwackertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 9:33 AM   #93

Maybe we should have a "Let's get to know eachother" thread like they have on the Panasonic forum...
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 10:38 AM   #94

Well after deciding on a D50 as my next step from the Panasonic FX9, and obtaining advice from the likes of Rey as to what lenses, I am (as of an hour ago) the owner of a beautiful Fed Ex'd D50. The only problem is that that I'll have to wait a bit longer on the lenses, they're expected next week (apart from the 18-200 VR gold dust).

My natural progression would have been the Panasonic FX30, but on reading more I knew I would have eventually progressed to the lofty SLR's. And anyway I'll still be using my FX9 as the pictures are brilliant and the camera can go with me anywhere.

So it looks like I'll be spending the weekend reading the manual and looking at the Nikon video download. But I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I'm just jealous of you guys and gals who are already out there with your D50's.

B3_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 11:29 PM   #95

zygh wrote:
Quote:
Maybe we should have a "Let's get to know eachother" thread like they have on the Panasonic forum...

I`m a Taurus ,I like small fluffy dogs and like to take long walks in the rain

oh and I take a few pictures

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 3:01 AM   #96

B3_Nick wrote:
Quote:
Well after deciding on a D50 as my next step from the Panasonic FX9, and obtaining advice from the likes of Rey as to what lenses, I am (as of an hour ago) the owner of a beautiful Fed Ex'd D50. The only problem is that that I'll have to wait a bit longer on the lenses, they're expected next week (apart from the 18-200 VR gold dust).

Hey Qwackertooaka deana and Nick! welcome and love seeing others who are going down the same road I am... either female or .. lol newbies. Rey is a jewel and assisted me recently on a choice on lenses too. Its sure nice to find this site and so many willing to help!!!

I got one of my lens but the other is on hold... probably best so that I can learn this one .... I am one of those folks that are *single minded* put too much in front of me Im like *sooo confused* lol

TD tommysdad... OMG that pic is adorable... what lens was that u used? wow when I grow up I wanna be just like yew!!!

~debby~
Old May 6, 2006, 3:11 AM   #97

zygh wrote:
Quote:
Awesome I fear the monitors here are not happy with my "lets be the welcome wagon" lol which i love to be at parties/websites lol fearing others aren't feeling welcomed..

QUESTION: Jim or another Nikon SLR admin... Where could we post *Lets get to know each other* thread that Zygh is going to start *pokes* so that we stay on topic and not drive you admins nuts *lol*??? ooo and could it still be in the Nikon SLR area - the thread?

I just downloaded my first pics ... Im pleased but after seeing TD's doggy pic. errr I think I'll just wait alittle longer before showing my etchings!!!

Old May 9, 2006, 8:08 AM   #98

Noob here from UK. Got my D50 a couple of weeks ago, after reading loads of positive reviews on this & other sites (& I'm still grinning) :G

Currently wading through the manual & the wealth of information available on the net, but I really think there's nothing like actually getting "out there" & filling up a few memorycards.

No doubt, as soon as I get stuck or have some noob-type questions :?, I'll be posting them on here.

Finally,Debby - Thanks for brightening up my lunch hour reading throughthis thread- I love the enthusiasm youshow, keep it up :-)

zacspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 10:50 AM   #99

Hi, all. Man, haven't been here in a while, lots of changes to the forums! I too just bought a D50, but alas, it hasn't arrived yet! Being an instant gratification type person, I'm in extreme pain while waiting. (My hubby is in extreme pain, too, since this is my fourth digital camera, the last being a Sony DSCH1, bought just last Christmas)

I found the D50 and 18-55 kit for $460 from Cameta Cameras, so I feel I got a pretty good deal, I've been busy buying a 2g SD card and extra battery so I can immediately go shooting when the camera arrives. (Did I mention I'm an instant gratification type) Anyway, I've never had a Nikon before, so I've never been on these forums. In fact, I've been away so long I've had to re-register. So hello, and I'll be back soon.

P.S. How on earth do you get white letterson these posts?

SueSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 11:35 AM   #100

Finally got a lens for the Nikon D50 that's been sitting in my house for 4 days. How's that for patience? Only thing is, there were supposed to be 2 lenses, but they're out of stock of the 50mm f1.8, so I've got the wide angle zoom only.

I'll be interesting to play with, as my Panasonic FX9 would only have gone down to, I guess, 35mm. But at least I can play and start to learn.

SueSee, I've no idea about the white lettering, mine just happened naturally.
B3_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote