Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 12, 2006, 5:29 PM   #111

:-)eeperman ... ROFL I did the same thing...:blah: my cat was my first photo shoot lol :Ofamily second.. went outside and couldn't find a bug anywhere... or a butterfly or a purdy flower so i went back to the poor cat... :Ggreat to meet you lol .. welcome to the D50 family

automaton... I guess I gotta go plant me some purdy flowers or seeds now huh... so I can photograph em lol...:roll: why didn't i think of that sooner lol... awesome pics.. if i ever shoot that gooda pics... Iwill post them..

I just aint there yet.ya did good!!!
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 5:31 PM   #112

Furgus said: Same thing here Can't wait to leave early from work and go take some outside pics. 70-300mm Tamron lens is coming around 3 today. I am as giddy as a school girl

Furgus...Post some of those pics... I wanna see them .... Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Im probably the only DSLR that will be in Auto Mode till the camera dies lol... Question... If and I mean IF... I wanted to experiment on other modes..which would you all suggest starting with.... if you can only learn one thing new at a time LOL... like very very slowly... hehehe slower.. slower.. what would I need to work on... P? or what? I read somewhere someone said do something first and just use auto on all other stuff but dang if i remember.. LOL

debby

Old May 12, 2006, 8:35 PM   #113

I posted three pictures in anothe thread in theis forum, or you can look at the first three learning_mode wrote: [/b]
Quote:
Furgus said: Same thing here Can't wait to leave early from work and go take some outside pics. 70-300mm Tamron lens is coming around 3 today. I am as giddy as a school girl

Furgus...Post some of those pics... I wanna see them .... Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Im probably the only DSLR that will be in Auto Mode till the camera dies lol... Question... If and I mean IF... I wanted to experiment on other modes..which would you all suggest starting with.... if you can only learn one thing new at a time LOL... like very very slowly... hehehe slower.. slower.. what would I need to work on... P? or what? I read somewhere someone said do something first and just use auto on all other stuff but dang if i remember.. LOL

debby
Furgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 5:30 PM   #114

After looking around for a new camera, i finally decided to get the D50 w the 18-55 & 55-200 Nikkor lens kit. can't wait for it to arrive! new to the dSLR scene, the information on this thread alone with the URL's is great! thanks all!
takuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 6:11 PM   #115
rey

Another new member posted this link on another thread, and I figured I add it here in case someone missed it. It's a nice tutorial with many photog lessons:

http://www.morguefile.com/archive/cl....php?lesson=1#

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 8:10 PM   #116

Yeay! It's here! D50 with 18-55 lens arrived today, battery is charged, here I go! Got a demo from Cameta Camera, checked the shutter count, only used 68 times! Looks brand new! Now if I only had a clue on what to do next. LOL I'm below a rank amateur when it comes to DSLR, but I'm more than willing to learn. Can't wait for the weekend, unfortunately work comes first 8-5, so don't have much time during the week. But I'm doing a lot of reading and studying, and clicking around the house. If and when I take something worth posting, will do. In the meantime, will be lurking and learning from you guys.
SueSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 11:21 PM   #117

yahooo welcome Sue... great to meet you girlie... make urself at home ....

*hugs* debby
Old May 18, 2006, 5:10 AM   #118

Instead of waiting for your D50, get a D200 as a back-up. It's waterproof.

Attached Images

ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 8:36 AM   #119

rey wrote:
Quote:
Another new member posted this link on another thread, and I figured I add it here in case someone missed it. It's a nice tutorial with many photog lessons:

http://www.morguefile.com/archive/cl....php?lesson=1#

Thanks for that rey, some great tips on there.

Can't quite figure what the post immediatley before this is all about (wish I had the money sor a D200 as well as the D50) nice picture though ruchai

:-)
zacspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 8:59 AM   #120

Indeed, fantastic shot, ruchai!
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote