Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 25, 2006, 2:20 AM   #141

D50 pictures at :

rodri59 wrote: [/b]

Quote:
Hola everyone I am new here and just purchased the D50 after doing so much research my head hurts.

Love the pictures that some of you have posted, it was part of the reason I bought this camera - gorgeous piccies.

Learning mode, I was just wondering if you ever got your camera back? I read through the whole thread and you were so excited when you got it, I am sure it was such a let down to have to send it back.

Mine should be here early next week and I can't wait!!:G

If anyone has any more pictures, sure would love to see em....

Laters

Pam
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 11:57 AM   #142

Another bird also shot with D50 / Tamron 18-200mm.

Can some expert identify the bird, please?

Attached Images

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 1:40 PM   #143
rey

Great capture!
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 4:49 AM   #144

I just bought a D50 and I feel the same way. I've been shooting with a Nikon digital coolpix 950 for a while since I hung up my film SLR and was impressed with the images I got from a 2.1 megapixel camera, but I was jumping for joy when I saw the results from the D50. It makes me want to shoot like the old film days. My lenses are the AF 28-80 zoom which I likea lot but now I think I should have bought a wider angle zoom. I also bought a 55-200 DX...as I said I am awe struck by some of the image results. Oh by the way... it is a beautifully simple camera to work with.

Wankston
Attached Images

wankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 12:42 PM   #145

I'm gonna get in on all this fun you're having!! My d50 arrives tomorrow hopefully, it all depends on when UPS decides to show up. I'm dead set on learning how to use a camera properly, my trusty Finepix 6900Z will finally have to step aside. By the way, I'm a 29-year-old southern Swede.

I feel like throwing a question out there while I'm at it: Nikon seems to release new firmware for their cameras every now and then, is that something you can update yourself and has there been a d50 release? That's it for now, puh!
Mooshie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 9:24 PM   #146

About the prospect of a D50 firmware upgrade in the near future, I am not quite optimistic.

I expect Nikon will try to release D60 (or alike) and guarantee it''s stable sale for a while first , and then will upgrade the firmware of D50 to unlock hidden features, to keep loyal customers (like us).

Unless some serious bugs are discovered and an interim firmware need to be released to fix them.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 7:38 AM   #147

Well that's one less thing to think about at least!
Old May 29, 2006, 8:51 AM   #148

The D50 has had the best release in terms of quality of any of Nikons most recent DSLR's. Really there has only been one firmware upgrade as of late, (the D70) and the D 50 has been out for almost a year now and no issues have been reported. I doubt you'll see any firmware upgrades.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 9:18 AM   #149

Indeed. The Nikon D50 has had a very succesful run from when it first hit the market.
Is there something you discovered wrong with yours, Mooshie2, that you feel only a firmware update might fix?
Seriously now, the D50 is as good as they come (and beyond) for the price it charges. Speaking for myself, many of the finer tweeks I would like on my D50 are already present on the D70s but I don't intend on upgrading because I have not yet covered the many aspects that the D50 can teach me about shooting.
Mooshie2, perhaps it would be best if one would learn the usability of the functions already present on the D50 and, when one has outgrown them, to upgrade to a D70s or, why not, the D200.
Good luck!
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 1:33 PM   #150

Haha, I picked up my camera 1 hour ago, so no, there's no problems that I want fixed!! I just wanted to make sure.It's not new features I'm looking for, it's bugs, and I'm very happy that there aren't any!! I had an mp3 player that was giving me trouble for about a year, before I discovered a firmware upgrade that had been out a year and a half that took care of everything. I just didn't want to miss out again!! Now I'm gonna start learning, and you can be sure that I will make use of the knowledgethat exists here!

I also did the Opanda "Total Number of Shutter Releases" check, and was happy to discover the low number of 14. I feel happy about that, not thatI worried much about it. I think I will go and leave some good Ebay feedback soon.