Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:07 AM   #51

hi, learning_mode.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"welcome! :-)
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:05 AM   #52

JimC and zygh thanks so much for making me feel welcome. Well darn the site had about 7426 feedbacks with 98% satisfied... Will wait to see when the camera gets here..and if its *grey colored* i should know huh? *just kidding* heheh

Now after reading more here..I just hope the darn battery doesn't explode in my face while shooting...due to being cheap..grrrr. I hate the learning mode!!! Wish i was a genius type! Again thanks for the welcomes! Time will tell if ... its grey or black!!
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 1:03 PM   #53

You might want to look into a book called "Nikon D50 Digital Field Guide" by David D. Busch, I found that book to be easier to understand and more detailed than the owners manual. Congratulations on your new purchase hope you find it as enjoyable as I have. Good luck Greg
flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:02 PM   #54

flhtcui cool get it... had read someone else recommend that one so ... consider it done... I can see this is going to be my new addiction. Last question. I was just going to respond to you in private so not to congest the board..but is there such a way to just post a message to individuals or ... is that just if preferences are allowed? dohhh! I get paranoid writing on boards... dont want folks thinking im a board hog or Total Dummy ... *lol* and definately am not an all about me person... but i dont wanna ignore anyone that comments to me as well... what to do..what to do.. thanks for the input!!!
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:24 PM   #55

I`d go out and just take lots and lots of pictures on different settings, you`ll get the hang of it in the end :G

Good luck with your new purchase Learning_mode, oh and of course read these forums and post,post,post .

The people in this forumare friendly and very helpful

tommysdad

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:38 PM   #56
rey

Here's a nice site for new dSLR users. It was really helpful to me:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/enjoydslr/index.html

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 3:51 PM   #57

Add me to the list of "just got a D50"
I must be the only one who has never read the Manual that comes with the camera before, I like Trial and Error Learning. but I think with this camera I might need to

I had never screwed on a lens before (EVER) So I'm new to DSLR's

bought it Locally from London Drugs (they Price Matched KErrisdale Camera's so 849.99 New (Canadian)) Not a super deal at all, But I like getting things locally Just in case there is a problem and to support the businesses (London Drugs is a Western Canadian company anyway, Would have bought it At my Local Camera store, but they were too busy trying to upsell me to a D70 and basically looking down on me for "only" buying the D50. The Guy even said "Well I guess its a good camera if your only going to use the the little auto green square function")

So screw them!
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 5:02 PM   #58

Lexiticus wrote:
Quote:
Would have bought it At my Local Camera store, but they were too busy trying to upsell me to a D70 and basically looking down on me for "only" buying the D50. The Guy even said "Well I guess its a good camera if your only going to use the the little auto green square function")

So screw them!

Way to go !
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 9:23 AM   #59

rey wrote:
Quote:
Here's a nice site for new dSLR users. It was really helpful to me:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/enjoydslr/index.html

Definately a keeper for us beginners!!! I appreciate you for sharing that link. So far its helped me more than any other tutorial I have seen so far due to the great picture illustrations!!!!

hurry up UPS!!!!
Old Apr 26, 2006, 9:29 AM   #60

Where are trhe membership cards? Got my D50 last month and happily snapping away since I got it. I did a lot of research (almost drove my coworker crazy asking him his opninons daily) and tested the D70 before I made the final decision. After comparing pictures taken of the same scenes with my Fuji S7000 and the D70 I decided to try theD50.From the first download, I knew that the D50 was for me.

photojazz is offline   Reply With Quote