Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 1, 2006, 12:01 AM   #71

Got the D50 body on Saturday. FedEX truck dropped it off. Only have a 64mb SD card at the moment, but it works fine. Mounted a Tamron 28-200 XR (IF) Zoom macro lens on it and took some picures. I like it better than the D100 I borrowed!!

Below is the South Haven light house I took this afternoon. It's overcast, and started to rain but got a fairly decent picture of it. I have the setting on shapness hard and vivid for saturation. The horse my daughter has sure turned out great with it. Pretty saturated. Kind of reminds me of my Fuji S9000.

Attached Images

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 8:39 AM   #72

Congratulations Winemaker,this club is growing in numbers everyday!!

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 5:42 PM   #73

Add me to the list. I ordered one over the weekend with a case, 18-55mm Nikon lens, and 70-300 Tamron lens from Camera since my FZ-20 dissappeared.
DavidB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 11:03 PM   #74

I just ordered one as well and got the body and a Sigma 18-200mm lense. After much debate I deicded to get this because I have access most of the time to the Nikon 18-70mm & the 55-200mm lenses from my dad. So rather than duplicate I figured I'd get something else to try out.
Quikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 6:48 AM   #75

Quikster wrote:
Quote:
I just ordered one as well and got the body and a Sigma 18-200mm lense. After much debate I deicded to get this because I have access most of the time to the Nikon 18-70mm & the 55-200mm lenses from my dad. So rather than duplicate I figured I'd get something else to try out.

Welcome to the club Quikster, I guess your Dad is going to be sat at home with a nikon body with no lenses :G

I`d like to see some pics with the Sigma lens

TD

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 7:43 AM   #76

LoL He'll have lenses most of the time, but if I need one or two of them for a particular shot or activity I can borrow them.

As for the Sigma I'll definitely take some pictures and post any interesting ones when I get the chance.

tommysdad wrote:
Quote:

Welcome to the club Quikster, I guess your Dad is going to be sat at home with a nikon body with no lenses :G

I`d like to see some pics with the Sigma lens

TD
Quikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 1:41 PM   #77

Just wanna welcome those that have posted since mine... Im just in the learning mode but I did get my camera Monday... I have one lens 18 x 55 nikon and the other nikon lens is on back order 70 x 300 that was a package deal with some other goodies like hard case, soft case, 2 tripods and other accessories ($808.00)...

Im only shooting in auto but im tickled pink in that mode alone lol... the rapid shot is my most favorite to play with and show others that haven't seen digital shoot that fast... we just country folk and are easily pleased.. ya see lol...

have a great one and thanks to those that have welcomed me and helped me thus far... I owe ya and promise if I ever feel confident .. I'll pass it on and help others!!!

:|debby
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 1:51 PM   #78

:-)spreading the love,debby! :|
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 1:55 PM   #79

ROFL .... spreading the love... ya talking about me or you ROFL

Im a tenderhearted soul... with a wicked sense of humor!!!

:blah:debby

OMG im soo tickled the camera is sooo awesome..only thing I worry about is I play with it so much im afraid the little dial on right side by the eye piece is going to wear the gear out LOL checking pics or changing modes like rapid fire or single fire and flash or not to flash LOL... The nikon's bells and whistles are so impressive they way to access!!! Im in love 4shore!

learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 1:57 PM   #80

I'll be joining the club soon guys. I've just ordered D50 + Nikon 18-70mm lens (at £499 from Jessops in the UK) plus Sigma 70-300mm DG APO Macro lens. The UK is out of stock of 18-70 lenses at the moment so it will probably arrive in about 2 weeks. My wife will then have my Canon S2. Cant wait to start playing with my first DSLR.
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote