Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 3, 2006, 1:58 PM   #81

Shaun Geraghty

Hey there and welcome... I know how you feel!!! :-) well not literally ..

Anyway... just wanted to say hi since you posted right after me.. welcome welcome welcome!!!!
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 2:34 PM   #82

Debby, I was talking about you, me and anyone in this club.

:-)

Cheers!
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 3:48 AM   #83

Good news for those who not yet bought their Nikon. Nikon dropped prices on cameras and lenses.

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...e_num=050306-1
ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 7:17 AM   #84

ruchai,

What??They drop the price the week after I get mine!... Im always a a day late and dollar short... that figures!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Nice to meet you tho!!! :GIts so cool to see others with my same addiction... *haaannnds staarrt treeemblinggg*

*wavin* debby
Old May 4, 2006, 7:21 AM   #85

Now who else can we spread some love to.. any ladies here? *hears an echooo*

Mighty lonely postingwith this new addiction and seeing somuch male testosterone! Wait...what am i thinking!!!!

debby

By the way- Im not really trying to post so many times.. OK I am.. "rumor has it if ya post on this board over 10 times a day you could win a new D-70"... yep but then I start many rumors just cause im from the country and get bored!!!

Old May 4, 2006, 7:28 AM   #86

learning_mode wrote:
Quote:
Shaun Geraghty

Hey there and welcome... I know how you feel!!! :-) well not literally ..

Anyway... just wanted to say hi since you posted right after me.. welcome welcome welcome!!!!
Many thanks Debby. Cant wait until mine arrives. The local stores all have the D50 + 18-55 kit in stock but the D50 + 18-70 are so popular there is a 2 week wait. It'll be worth it though. I've been using a Canon S2IS for the past year which is effectively a DSLR without the interchangable lenses (having full manual controls) so hopefully the learning curve won't be too steep!

Shaun (in a very sunny England)
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 1:02 PM   #87

"I've never been to Nacogdoches, really" from John Wayne movie "BIG JAKE"

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 2:25 PM   #88

Perhaps we should have a Steves Forums get together there LOL :-)
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 6:05 PM   #89

I know John Wayne but not too well ROFL.. did he really say that in a movie? I guess the next big thing to put us on the map was when the Challenger flew over the house ..literally exploding... our little town all of a sudden had all the big name TV stations in the back yard...THAT blew my mind almost as much as the shuttle crashing here did!!!

See pics..yea I took em but the camera wasn't a nikon LOL it was a point and shoot..

http://users3.ev1.net/~debbyc/shuttle/pic5d.jpg

http://users3.ev1.net/~debbyc/shuttle/pic5c.jpg

http://users3.ev1.net/~debbyc/shuttle/pic5a.jpg

http://users3.ev1.net/~debbyc/shuttle/pic5.jpg

So...when's the party?? huh? We can have some competitions with our nikons... tug a war with lens over da pit...ewwy sack race with one eye on our nikon eye piece mmm yep just put me in charge of the games ..will make sure NIKON is well represented in the games!!! :G

After reviewing these pics lol MAN I can't get much worse even if i shoot in ... auto mode lol....
Old May 4, 2006, 11:36 PM   #90

"I know John Wayne but not too well ROFL.. did he really say that in a movie?" Yep, in Big Jake, he was trying to rescue his Grandson and started a diversion fight in a local saloon. He hit this big brawny guy (wearing a dark full beard) and the fight was on. Then to stop the fight he asked him "Mister, I might have you confused with someone else. You ever been to Nacogdoches?" The guy replied, "No, I've never been to Nacogdoches." Big Jake replies "Sorry, my mistake." and the burly guy turned to his friends and said "I've never been to Nacogdoches, really!":lol:

Good pictures of the shuttle stuff. Wonder if there is other parts and pieces still out there in some woods or field somewhere? These happen to show up somewhere populated.

ps I've never been to Nacogdoches either.

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote