Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 16, 2006, 5:14 PM   #1

Just boughta D50yesterday with 18-55 & 70-300 lens kit.I`m very impressed with the camera,and the smile hasn`t left my face since I took it from the box.I haven`t really had the time to give it a good test run yet ,soon I hope.
After reading through the forums I see my next purchase will be a 50mm f/1.8, everyone has good things to say about it.I`ve learned some already by browsing this forum,

Thanks

TD

just a little bit of a step up from a kodak DX6490:-)

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:34 PM   #2
Administrator

Congratulations!

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 1:17 PM   #3

Gratz! and enjoy!

M
melt1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:37 PM   #4

Tommysdad,

just bought mine yesterday (thanks to all the advice i received from various forms). I had a Canon IS 2S before and right upto the last minute, i was unsure whether the upgrade was actually worth the cost to me. All i can say is WOW - even in my first few test shots, I could see a very clear difference in image quality.

norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 3:38 PM   #5

congrats! i am a recent new owner too and the smile hasn't left my face either
mischiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 8:40 PM   #6

Congratulations Norm!!!

Overall I think the camera is great and I`m glad I bought it.Today I took back the 70-300 G lens ,it was too big and clunky and I wasn`t all that impressed with it.I`m looking for an everydaywalkaround lens ,but i`m on a budget, maybe a 28-200 or 28-300 tamron XR,I haven`t really looked at the options yet.????

TommysDad

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 1:58 AM   #7

Just recently picked up a D50 too - with the 18-70mm lens.* I think many local camera shops offer this package with lots of little add-ons like memory & extended warranties.* *I'm impressed with the lens - very sharp.*-pu
Pancho Urbano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:56 AM   #8

I got the 55 - 200 nikon lens, which comes with the two lens kit. For the money, these look a nice pair of lenses. The 55-200 is surprising small and light.
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:45 PM   #9

As mentione din another thread - I too just purchased a D50. I cannot believe the increase in quality from my FZ5. Its like an entirely different world. The noise at 800 and 1600 is simply immensely low, Im only doubting why I didnt go this way earlier.
StevenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:04 PM   #10

StevenC wrote:
Quote:
As mentione din another thread - I too just purchased a D50. I cannot believe the increase in quality from my FZ5. Its like an entirely different world. The noise at 800 and 1600 is simply immensely low, Im only doubting why I didnt go this way earlier.
That's good to hear. I was considering the FZ5 for a long time, but just couldn't being myself to live with the same limitations that my current P&S has.
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote