Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:53 AM   #1
sks

¬* O.k. so I've used photoshop for a couple of years so I'm not a total noobie, but when I open my nef raw files in adobe's camera raw and look through my images and make some changes all is well.¬* But here lies my problem...¬* When I make the changes that I wanna make in a image in camera raw, when I click on open everything changes.¬* The picture I just made all my adustments to looks absolutely nothing like it did in camera raw.¬* ???¬* I'm totally puzzled.¬* hehe¬* I mean the image (upon opening in photoshop) looks totally blown out.¬* I have to turn around and play with the curves forever to get the image even close to what it looked like in camera raw.¬*¬*Here's a pic I took yesterday at my favorite lake to go fishing at. I hi-jacked my dad's 400mm telephoto, but the boat I was in is not much more stable than a canoe.¬* heheThanks for all the help this forum rox!!,Sandyhttp://trail-blazer.org/files/temp/b...orangelake.jpg
sks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:07 AM   #2

I use photoshop and Nikon RAW filkes and haven't seen this problem.

If you've loaded Nikon software you may be using the Nikon plugin rather than adobe http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326616.html

Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:53 AM   #3
DBB

Nagasaki wrote:
Quote:
I use photoshop and Nikon RAW filkes and haven't seen this problem.

If you've loaded Nikon software you may be using the Nikon plugin rather than adobe http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326616.html

Yes, this is what seems to be happening, bt even so, the changes made with the Nikon software should persist in Photoshop - Make sure you have removed the Nikon plug-in.

dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:21 PM   #4
sks

¬* I have no Nikon software installed on my computer.¬* I didn't mention nikon's camera raw software, only talking about adobe cs2.¬* When I make my changes in cs2 camera raw all is well, but when I click on open and it opens in just plain photoshop (not Adobe camera raw) the image does not look the same at all.¬* All the changes I made in Adobe camera raw look/appear to have disappeared and now I have to re-do all my curves all over again. ¬**sigh* tis' frustrating.¬* Oh, by the way the plugin to open the raw files I got off the Adobe site version 3.3.¬*Thanks all,Sandy¬*
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:03 PM   #5
DBB

sks wrote:
Quote:
I have no Nikon software installed on my computer. I didn't mention nikon's camera raw software, only talking about adobe cs2. When I make my changes in cs2 camera raw all is well, but when I click on open and it opens in just plain photoshop (not Adobe camera raw) the image does not look the same at all. All the changes I made in Adobe camera raw look/appear to have disappeared and now I have to re-do all my curves all over again. *sigh* tis' frustrating. Oh, by the way the plugin to open the raw files I got off the Adobe site version 3.3. Thanks all,Sandy
1. Where did you put the Adobe 3.3 converter?

2. When you say you have no Nikon software, do you mean you removed it, or you never installed it?

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:04 PM   #6

I can't reproduce this problem. Any changes I make in theRAWprocessorpersist when I click the open button. What colour space do you use and do you get any messages when you click open?
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:04 AM   #7
sks

I do apologize for taking over a year to find this forum thread again and post back. I think the problem was when you go to open the file in photoshop I was not choosing to use the embedded profile (instead of the working space).
Screenshot of the dialog box that pops up when going from camera raw 2 ps.
http://sandysandersdesigns.com/files/temp/dialogbox.jpg

Thanks again,

Sandy