Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:55 PM   #1

I went to the PMA convention in Orlando over the weekend and got to really compare My D100 against a D200. Nikon let me shoot as much as I wanted with one of their D200's and an 18/200 lens. I shot against My D100 and I was totaly sold on the D200. There were plenty of places that I fed the CF cards in to compare the results of my ISO 800 tests. (usually always use 800 or 1000 for my in church shots)I always loved my D100 until the comparison. On the way home to Daytona I stopped at Colonial Photo and purchased a D200 and MB-200 battery pack. I wanted the 18/200 VR lens but they did not have one, also wanted an extra EN-el3"E" battery but they did not have that either. I'll just have to wait on those items. I can use My trusty 24/120 "VR" lens for a while longer. I cropped a 4 X 6 sample out of a 20 X 30 sized 300 dpi file and it is just perfect. Hi-Jpg. I like to really shoot raw and can now do 22 raw shots before the buffer fills up. The D100 would only allow four shots at raw and then the long wait. I have not had time to read the manual yet but I will because this new camera has a bunch of stuff the D100 did not have. I have beeb busy playing catch-up since I got home so as soon as I give this camera a workout in the real world I will pass on more information.

This picture of these girls are cropped out of a 20 inch by 30 inch file and the picture was done hand held in the very mixed lighting in the expo center.built inflash. Not a whole lot of light to start with.
Attached Images

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:36 PM   #2

Did Nikon address the "Banding" issue with you before you bought the D200? I hear that all the new ones (since Mid Feb) dont have that issue. Just wondering. I bought mine last week. Any info?
sbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:38 AM   #3
Administrator

Good luckgetting that lens, according to Nikon inside sources "they are very scarse for the near future." Demand is way beyond supply.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 7:24 AM   #4

sbranch,

I just got mine last weekand the dealer I got it from said it was from the 3rd. batch.

The camera firmware version says it is A:1.01 B:1.00

So far the pictures I took with it are perfect in every way. If there is anything wrong with them I can not see it.

I ordered an extra battery off of E-Bay for it, D200 has to have the new EN3-EL"e" battery. The one for the D100 and D70 will not work in the D200.

So far I really like this camera, I also liked My D100,

I will like this camera a lot more after I sell My D100 and accessoriesto help pay for this new one.

Ronnie948
Attached Images

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote