Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 4, 2006, 7:12 AM   #1

My D70 had died with only a green blinking card access light. I searched here and found many other D70 owners had this problem also, but nobody had posted a solution. I phoned Nikon directly, and they told me there was a service advisory out on the problem, which can be found on the Nikon site by searching for "service advisory". They will repair this problem free of charge even if your camera is out of warranty.
bobcnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2006, 9:14 AM   #2

This is a fairly old and well documented issue that has been discussed many times over the last 18 months in the forums. The BGLOD (blinking green light of death) was an issue with some of the early models of the D70 and to my knowledge has not been an issue for the D70s or even any of the later D70's. I don't think anyone posted to your question bcause you piggybacked on an old thread, and your question was answered within the thread. As was mentioned in the previous thread, just google "bglod" to see how common the issue was and what Nikon did about it.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:19 AM   #3

Does anyone know if someone is taking notes/has a record of the serial numbers of those affected by the BGLOD?

kjeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:49 AM   #4

kjeal wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if someone is taking notes/has a record of the serial numbers of those affected by the BGLOD?

Again, Nikon is aware of the issue and is repairing affected cameras free of charge (not including shipping, I assume). I don't know that there is a documented range of serial numbers (as there was with the battery recall). If your camera is affected, just call can send it in...if not, just keep shooting.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote