Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:08 PM   #1

It seems as if everybody is back ordered on these.... I assume they just made a few to check interest levels and are now producing this camera??? Anyways, if anybody knows where I could get my paws on one sooner than later... I'd appreciate it. :-)
Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:38 AM   #2

I just bought a D200 kit from Circuit. I really only wanted the body since I have a pretty good collection of lenses but I got tired of waiting. Weird that they would have the kit but not the body only.

BTW - I love the camera and the lens is pretty good too. I have a D70 and a D2X. The D70 is nowhere near the camera that the D200 is and the D200 is right up there in my opinion with the D2X quality wise.
dboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:54 AM   #3

Thank you! I'm glad you added your take on the D200 vs the D2X, I think alot of people could have saved $3,000 and skipped the D2X and gotten the D200 and used that extra money towards bigger and better glass. From every indication I've seen, justifying the extra expense seems ridiculous... yeah... high speed cropping and a few other "minor" details. I see the D200 swaying alot of people away from the D2X in my opinion. :idea:
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:20 PM   #4

I would agree, but I am very glad that I have the D2X. Now I have two awesome bodies in case one ever decides to not want to play nice at a shot. :lol:
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:28 AM   #5

You will getyour soon. Here in Thailand (where they make them) you can buy one from the shelf. I got mine last week. Very good camera, better than I expected.
ruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:35 PM   #6

I got one today at national camera exchange in Burnsville, Minnesota!! They have about five more and this is one sweet machine, of course most of you already know this fact. ( ;
Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:40 PM   #7

And it just keeps getting better. I just found out that the D200's built-in flash can act as a Commander, eliminating the need for the SU-800. Way cool :|
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:25 PM   #8

I'll have to read up on that, I didn't know about it.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:17 PM   #9

Yeah, you can actually control all of your remotes from the D200 menus, much the same as controlling them from another SB-800 or as I suppose from the SU-800.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:22 PM   #10

I went out over lunch today and shot some ducks and man I'm in love with this camera! Absolutely everything that I had hoped it would be! I really cannot imagine how it would feel to have spent an extra $3,000 ona D2X to only get a few more perks than the D200... I can only imagine "Buyers remorse". Thats of course speaking of myself as a professional would argue otherwiseto some extent I'm certain.