Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 28, 2006, 8:51 AM   #1

I've been searching around, but I can't seem to find any threads about carrying cases for our SLRs. I thought I would ask here.

I would really like a carrying bag that has a sholder sling and a top that unzips, allowing the camera to be inserted lense-first into the bag (like a holster) and provides some space for 1 or 2 lenses and filters (not including the lense on the camera). Does such a thing exist?
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:12 AM   #2

I am using a Nikon D50, w/ the kit 18-55mm lense, fitted into a "gun-pocket" that is suspended by my waist-belt.

No extra space for any spare lenses.

But quite portable and it turns the D50 into a Point & Shoot by allowing fast withdrawal from the pocket.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:26 AM   #3
rey

Go to B&H or Adorama and check out their choices. It's confusing at first since there are tons of options, you can also go straight to the makers' website, here's a couple:

http://lowepro.com/
http://tamrac.com/

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:50 PM   #4

Thanks! It looks like the Lowerpro Toploader 2 is a bag like what I am looking for. I'm not sure if it would fit a Sigma 70-300mm along with the D50 + 18-70mm...

What do the rest of you guys use?
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:38 AM   #5

After having tried many options, I finally found a bag that offers me some of the same things you mention. I bought the Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW It works as a backpack, but with the release of one clip will swing around without removal to access the body, etc. You can see some photos of this function on their website. I carry the D50 w/ 18-70 attached, plus a sigma 10-20, sigma 70-300, and various accessories very comfortably. Just my two cents.

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Slin...ot_200_AW.aspx
goomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:04 AM   #6

Back Packs look into a Mini Trekker AWplenty big enough for several lens.
Holster bag a Toploader 75 AW long enough for your 300mm
I have both and are great for my needs I also use a Pelican 1550Case to hall all my lens in for travel
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:12 AM   #7

Thank you for the suggestions. I've been looking at the Toploader 75 AW and wondering if it would fit my lenses or not. It's good to know it'll fit.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 1:43 AM   #8
rey

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestions. I've been looking at the Toploader 75 AW and wondering if it would fit my lenses or not. It's good to know it'll fit.
You should check out the Topload Zoom AW, it seems very similar to the 75 but much cheaper. I don't really know why. :?

I'll probably end up getting it though...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:23 PM   #9

Because I like zippers much better than those squeeze clips, I found a larger Sumdex case at ebags.com that works perfectly. They have many cases to choose from and they guarantee your satisfaction. They even pay for the return shipping cost if you don't like the bag, which I think is pretty fair.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:42 PM   #10

goomer wrote:
Quote:
After having tried many options, I finally found a bag that offers me some of the same things you mention. I bought the Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW It works as a backpack, but with the release of one clip will swing around without removal to access the body, etc. You can see some photos of this function on their website. I carry the D50 w/ 18-70 attached, plus a sigma 10-20, sigma 70-300, and various accessories very comfortably. Just my two cents.

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Slin...ot_200_AW.aspx

I bought one about 2 weeks ago,I love it, you can access your camera in a matter of seconds.

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote