Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:37 AM   #11

I will have to try an experiment where I change the in-camera settings under the "optimise Image" menu such as Contrast, Sharpening, ect. Then take them into Raw Shooter and see if the pics look any different from the captured JPEG file. They SHOULD look different from the jpeg captured from the D50 IF Raw Shooter is ignoring the SAturation,sharpness, ect setting when it brings in the NEF files.
sportster64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:42 AM   #12
Administrator

sportster64 wrote:
Quote:
They SHOULD look different from the jpeg captured from the D50 IF Raw Shooter is ignoring the SAturation,sharpness, ect setting when it brings in the NEF files.
They'll probably look different than the jpeg images captured by the camera regardless of whether or not it was trying to use any settings. How close the output matches a camera varies by raw converter and camera. ;-)

But, if you change settings and everything else remains the same, the raw images shouldn't change if they are not using them (and I doubt RSE is using anything other than the RGB multipliers related to white balance).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote