Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 9, 2006, 5:00 PM   #11

I'm using a Corsair 133 2gb with no problem, except speed to download to computer as the card fills up. Havent' come close yet it says I've got room for 499 more pics before the card is full.

By the way, I went with Corsair because of my experience with their computer memory.

OTC
Oldtimer Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 7:17 PM   #12

I use a Transcend 2gb 150x card and have had no problems so far.
Quikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 7:45 PM   #13

Maybe when nikon printed the manual for the D50 that comes with the camera there were not 2 G. SD cards available on the market. But, as today, they have not updated the manual available on the Web either. Nikon still recommends only SanDisk, Panasonic and Toshiba.
PRISMA777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 11:55 PM   #14

Well I'm sure that is because Nikon will only recommend what they have extensively tested and has passed. Nikon most likely does not feel the need to test every single manufacturer that wishes to make a card. Also, not every card will probably pass due to less stringent quality control of some companies.

So while they may only recommend those three that doesn't mean nothing else will work just that Nikon won't guarentee anything.

PRISMA777 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe when nikon printed the manual for the D50 that comes with the camera there were not 2 G. SD cards available on the market. But, as today, they have not updated the manual available on the Web either. Nikon still recommends only SanDisk, Panasonic and Toshiba.
Quikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 11:07 PM   #15

Hi everybody !

I would like to share with you an amazing software I found, and it is 100% free !

For me, it solved a lot of proplems !

This software allows you to apply (digitally, of course) 150 filter types to digital pics, as made in the real world by Kodak, Cokin and Hoya.

The main web page is www.opanda.com (look for Opanda PhotoFilter V 1.0)

I have also tried other products listed by this company and they all work very fine, although they are not for free !

I hope you find this software useful in the quest for better pictures !

PRISMA777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 9:57 AM   #16

All factory refurbished Nikons come in a box completely different from the new Nikons. It clearly says REFURBISHED on the box. Inside the box, the camera also contains the factory refurbished orders that are initialed by the technician who did the refurb. It is pretty obvious.
mrfearless47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 7:39 PM   #17

The D-50's do not support SDHC formats so using anything Bigger than 2gig will not work.....
Old May 19, 2009, 4:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRISMA777 View Post
Nikon D50's instruction manual does not specify you may use 2 Gigas SD cards, only up to 1 Gga; but, can you actually use the larger capacity ones ? Has any one had experience with other brands not recommended by Nikon ?
I've used many different brands of 2GB SD cards in several D50s and had no problems. The D50 will NOT work with SDHC cards, but are 'sort of' compatible with 4GB SD cards (if you can find any). I used a 4GB Transcend card and the only problem is that the D50 failed to format it. Nikon's tech support said that they couldn't verify that 4GB cards would work, but said that since the D50 supported the FAT32 file system it might. I found that after formatting the 4GB card in a Canon Powershot, it worked perfectly in the D50. I decided to use the 4GB card in another camera and bought a bunch of inexpensive 2GB cards for the D50 instead. :)
Billx08 is offline   Reply With Quote