Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 3, 2006, 12:51 AM   #1

Okay,

I'm thinking about buying another SD card for my D50... The card I have is 80x and I see that you can buy cards up to 150X. So my question is - how fast can the D50 write and at what point does the speed of the card become "overkill"? In other words - if the D50 can write at ??x speed then is it worth paying more for a faster card even if the camera can't write that fast?

Any thoughts? Anyone know how fast a D50 can actually write? Or - is that entirely dependant on the speed of the card?

Thanks!
joeybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2006, 1:51 AM   #2

Do you take more than 14 pictures in a row (Continous shutter?) (JPG)
Or more than 4 pictures in a row (Continuous RAW?)
If not then you could have a 20x card and you would be fine.

For the first time ever I noticed the lag in continous shutter (After 14 shots) When taking pics of a deer from my car. And after about 24 pictures I probably only lost about 2 pics, (I have a 60x card) and It doesn't bother me at all.
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 8:02 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply Lexiticus. On ocassion I do shoot in bursts - usually trying to capture a sport shot of either my son or daughter in a soccer or basketball game. I just wondered - how much the speed of the card really matters.

I did some googling - here is a great link: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-7905
joeybob is offline   Reply With Quote